Final touch

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

congellous

Final touch

Post by congellous » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:43 am

Great plug in but I can't get it to work anymore
Shows two versions in plug ins list neither of them work
I have de-installed and installed to no avail it used to work ok if a bit prone to crashing
Anyone sorted this out ?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Final touch

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:04 pm

I can confirm this load problem your having. I have reported the problem to Positive Grid to correct. But to get around this problem, before you select Final Touch in AuriaPro or Auria, simply load Final Touch so that it is working as a standalone and them load it into AuriaPro or Auria while its open in the background, Works with either listing of Final Touch. I reported to Positive Grid the two listings of the app in the app list back when I was first beta testing the app for them, They still have not fixed that as it only shows up as doubles in Auria and not any other daw. Cheers.

Savage1969

Post by Savage1969 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:They still have not fixed that as it only shows up as doubles in Auria and not any other daw. Cheers.
Note that Bias Amp, Bias FX, Jamup Pro (but not standard Jamup paid version), and both the paid and free versions of Amplitube do this as well. Tonestack, Tonestack GO, Ampkit, SampleTank, Fiblicator and others do not display these doubled listings though. Odd. I've noted that if the first of the "doubles" is selected, there is feedback due to the mic of the device acting as channel input (even if it's a midi designated channel within Auria). But, if you select the second of the "double" listing it works as intended as an insert effect. This is the case in all the above noted double listing apps. Also note that when the second of the double entry is selected that the red banner can be seen (when tapped takes you back to Auria) but when the first of the double entries is selected (the one that creates the mic feedback) there is no red banner. Again this is the case with all the above listed apps.

Considering this phenomena is occurring in multiple developer apps within Auria and not other DAW (that I have anyway) it leads me to believe this double entry effect is a PSP ChannelStrip issue. Until the cause is determined select the second of the double listings in the ChannelStrip and all is ok.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:39 pm

that is correct. Using the second in the listing is the working one. As I said this was reported here and to the developer years ago. I don't know the cause but weird things seem to happen in iOS audio land. I guess in the end were masters at getting around these problems. Thats why so many Auria users are happy ones because they get the answers they need to keep on going. Thanks to everyone who contributes and helps here. Good job everyone. Cheers.

congellous

Post by congellous » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:25 am

So it's a PSP channel strip issue ? Any chance it will get fixed ?