Iaa plugin duplicates + bugs with iaa input

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

maximus

Iaa plugin duplicates + bugs with iaa input

Post by maximus » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:33 am

Hi,

I've noticed a couple of issues with using iaa plugins, couldn't see any other mention of them here, apologies if they have been already reported.

1. All iaa plugins appear to be listed in the drop down twice, from what I can gather one seems to work one doesn't ?
2. On selection of an iaa plugin in the mixer (for example bias fx) sometimes it loads up and defaults to the iPads mic input instead of the audio channel in Auria as input, I then have to close both apps and relaunch them to get it working, sometimes relaunching works sometimes it doesn't.

Just wondered if anyone had any more info about these issues.

Thanks,
Max

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Iaa plugin duplicates + bugs with iaa input

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:03 pm

Not sure about the second issue you're seeing. Maybe it's a Bias issue? As for IAAs being listed more than once, this is normal. Most IAAs have several outputs, and Auria (and all iOS DAWs) list all of them, allowing you to choose the output you're interested in. It's up the the IAA developers to name them appropriately, so as a result not all of them have good names.

Rim

maximus

Post by maximus » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Thanks for the reply Rim, I think I've figured out what is going on a little more. It seems that most amp sims have 2 inputs, the 1st is used for live input via the iPad mic (track gets armed and iPad input activated in iaa app.) The 2nd input is more suitable for using as an effect track insert as it routes the audio. This is the case for bias Fx, jam up pro and amplitude anyhow. So it seems the two things are connected.

cheers,
Max

kgmessier

Post by kgmessier » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:50 am

maximus wrote:Thanks for the reply Rim, I think I've figured out what is going on a little more. It seems that most amp sims have 2 inputs, the 1st is used for live input via the iPad mic (track gets armed and iPad input activated in iaa app.) The 2nd input is more suitable for using as an effect track insert as it routes the audio. This is the case for bias Fx, jam up pro and amplitude anyhow. So it seems the two things are connected.

cheers,
Max
This is great to know. Thank you! I was wondering why choosing the first instance of AmpliTube never worked with other insert effects.

- K