Video Loader Bug

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

skiphunt

Video Loader Bug

Post by skiphunt » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:55 pm

I think I found a bug with the latest Auria Pro, but it has to do with the video loading IAP. After you import a video and then load it, the play button doesn't activate it. Nothing seems to work. Until I quit out, and restart Auria. Then it seems to work, but it won't loop by selection. The video plays once then stops, but the audio only loops.

Worked fine before the update.

skiphunt

Re: Video Loader Bug

Post by skiphunt » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:08 am

Also, all I did was "restore purchases" to get my Video Load IAP back. Is it possible that I need to somehow delete the module and reinstall it? If so, how would I go about this without reinstalling Auria, and updating to Pro all over again?

skiphunt

Post by skiphunt » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:25 pm

Hello Rim,

Assuming the proper functionality of the video loader IAP concerns you in the slightest...

I found that after I import the video in, loop to selection, the audio track loops and the video only plays ones. It doesn't loop as well.

However, if I move the playhead back manually the video and audio playback in sync, but the video won't loop.

I've got the audio track from the video itsel selected to loop. Which does loop, but not the video.

I'd there a setting I need to make to get the video to loops as well?

Thx

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:34 am

This is an old issue that's still on my list. I need to find some time to investigate why video keeps playing instead of looping like it should.

Rim

skiphunt

Post by skiphunt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:16 am

Did you mean "stops" playing instead of looping like it should?

The audio does loop, just not the video. The strange thing is that if you just manually move the playhead back to the beginning of the video, it triggers it to play again. I wonder why automatically sending it back to the beginning via loop doesn't do he same?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:39 am

It's a confirmed bug, I'm definitely aware of what it does (it's well documented).

Rim

skiphunt

Post by skiphunt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Ok, so if this is an old, well documented bug you're well aware of... does that basically translate to I shouldn't hold my breath on it?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:26 am

:) I didn't have to say it. It's not that I don't think it's important, it's just that it hasn't been an easy one to fix. I tried several approaches early on that didn't work and resulted in timing that progressively got worse with every iteration of the loop. I'll eventually revisit it.

Rim