Horrible noise burst and disappearing tracks

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Makyo
Expert

Horrible noise burst and disappearing tracks

Post by Makyo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:10 am

Running iOS 9.3.2, most recent Auria update, on an iPad Pro.

This is hard to describe, but I was working on a project created a few months back. Everything was fine, I was dragging an audio file to change its position when suddenly I got a blast of super loud noise out of the speakers. Investigating the problem, I found that on a separate track , not the one I was editing, the waveform had disappeared and instead of the file name, there was a message saying the audio was "missing". The waveform had flatlined, and color changed to grey. The audio was still playing back, but it sounds like it was completely red-lining at maximum volume. The meter would go all the way into the red for 3 or 4 seconds, and then crash into zero, no playback,

I deleted the corrupted audio, and in fact the entire track. I made a fresh track and imported again from the original audio file on dropbox (recorded separately from Auria, so no chance it was a previously corrupted file), and it played back fine. Again, when I started working on editing the project again -- on other tracks -- this same thing happened: blast of noise on the newly created track, which would then drop down to zero, and the waveform disappeared, flatlined. The only editing I did on it was a volume fade and a single instance of duplication.

Any idea what is causing this? I'm forced to mix at low volume until this cause is a dent to fight, because it's a really super-loud white noise that it's creating. .

Makyo
Expert

Re: Horrible noise burst and disappearing tracks

Post by Makyo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:30 pm

The cause is identified..."

Sorry, auto-correct.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:51 am

Were you using the fade handles on the regions? It sounds like a bug with the fade system. Can you tell me if the particular region you set the fade handle on was mono or stereo, and if that region was 16, 24 or 32 bit WAV or AIF?

Thanks,
Rim

Makyo
Expert

Post by Makyo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:00 am

Fadee handle on stereo track, yes, that was the track that blew up and then disappeared. But I was not manipulating the track at the time the error occurred. Repeated play backs of the fade handles had been absolutely fine, it was while I was dragging another region, separate track, that the error occured in the track with fade handles.

Project is 44.1. pretty sure the imported file was 16, is there any way to check within Auria? Don't have access to my desktop with the original WAV at the moment.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:38 am

Thanks. If you could let me know the bit depth for sure, I'd really appreciate it. There's no way to know from within Auria.

RIm

Makyo
Expert

Post by Makyo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:58 am

16-bit WAV, for sure.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:15 am

Thanks. And it was a stereo WAV file on a stereo track, or a mono WAV file on a stereo track?

Thanks,
Rim