Same EQ on every channel except one

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

psykopili

Same EQ on every channel except one

Post by psykopili » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:00 pm

I wish to cut the bottom end of every track except the bass drum. Is there any other way to achieve this than applying eq on every track (and then constantly freezing/unfreezing tracks)?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Same EQ on every channel except one

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:40 pm

2 ways you can do this. First is to send all those tracks to a subgroup and eq that subgruop channel and it will affect any track that is sent to that subgroup. The other is if you have AuriaPro ,send all those tracks to a Buss and create a track that it's input is that Buss. Now eq the newly created Buss track and any track sent to that Buss will be affected by that sngle eq. Cheers and good luck.

psykopili

Post by psykopili » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:59 am

Subgroups aren't an option but I didn't know about the busses. I will try them next time. Thanks!

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:24 am

Err, what about just cutting the master, and then BOOSTING the bassdrum?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am

@Instinctive. If a low frequency is cut off using a HPF at say 80hz at the master which is the last stage of the audio chain, any track having any frequency lower than 80hz will not be present as the master cutoff frequency will remove that lower frequency information. Therefore boosting a kick drum to try to break through this low frequency barrier at the master will not work. Cheers

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:45 am

OK, if he really uses a cut filter, that's true... I thought he just wanted to remove a bit of bass with a normal EQ, then he could have "compensated" by boosting the bass a bit on the bassdrum channel...

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:03 am

instinctive wrote:OK, if he really uses a cut filter, that's true... I thought he just wanted to remove a bit of bass with a normal EQ, then he could have "compensated" by boosting the bass a bit on the bassdrum channel...
No problem Instinctive, It's nice to have many options and yours is very usable if set up right. I'm just glad that people are using AuriaPro in many interesting ways and it proves that AuriaPro is still the leading technological daw on iOS. The fact that there is more than one way to accomplish the same thing in AuriaPro demonstrates how vast and complex AuriaPro really is. This Daw never leaves you stranded with an idea on how to mix a track. Thanks for helping make this app amazing. It's support like ypurs on this and many forums that helps new users. Cheers mate.