Best iPad Pro 12.9 on-screen music keyboard tips?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sch
Expert

Best iPad Pro 12.9 on-screen music keyboard tips?

Post by sch » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:05 pm

My iPad Pro 12.9-inch should be here in a couple of days and I'm trying to figure out the best on-screen keyboard to use within AP for entering/playing MIDI synths (both within AP and external apps).

I know I've seen some recent talk here between members and Rim on a future keyboard, but what is your best experience with what we have now for use on the iPad Pro's large screen? What gives you the best playability experience?

760leldridge

Re: Best iPad Pro 12.9 on-screen music keyboard tips?

Post by 760leldridge » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Kymatica AUM = multiple in/out Chanels, live recordings, midi keyboard for all/most apps.

... I tried to find the old thread that I had seen on here that had really helped me out with routing everything using Auria as the master clock and AUM as the main midi keyboard but I couldn't find it.. The discussion had really helped me out, with multiple users input on their different routing setups... Also, along with their detailed descriptions they had posted pictures of their setup so that it was really easy to follow along. A step by step guide on how to set it up correctly, with exact app opening order (which is a really big deal), each apps midi/audio settings, and correct routing.. If you continue searching for "midi keyboard alternative", I'm sure you'll discover the epic solution that I had found.. It really helped me out a lot with understanding i0s midi etc. all together..

Also, side note, it's always in your best interest to restart, and go directly into "AIRPLANE MODE" when recording with iPad apps.. No good when your receiving notifications like text, messages, email, etc.

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:32 pm

Thanks, @760leldridge, I did find it, here's the url for others:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ard#p47907

Hoping this will be just right until Rim gives us a better one.

Cheers!

Bartlinux
Expert

Post by Bartlinux » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:23 am

I like clawtar , an Easy keybordcontroller, Easy to setup And use. But Aum is also Really Nice And i used it Everyday.

ErrkaPetti
Expert

Post by ErrkaPetti » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:47 pm

image.jpeg
If you need an nice MIDI keyboard or controller to Auria Pro, I suggest that you make your own in the supernice app TB MIDI Stuff...

Powerful and cheap...
Attachments
image.jpeg