Loop while punching in (audio)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

FranksRiffs
Expert

Loop while punching in (audio)

Post by FranksRiffs » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:56 am

Hope someone can help, it must be right under my nose. Searching the forum revealed no answers.

I would like to set punch-in and out points AND loop markers so an artist can record multiple takes of a solo without resetting the playback head every time. The objective being comping.

Thanks

mtingle
Expert

Re: Loop while punching in (audio)

Post by mtingle » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:03 am

no loop record with Auria. It's on the (very long) wish list.

FranksRiffs
Expert

Post by FranksRiffs » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:07 am

mtingle wrote:no loop record with Auria. It's on the (very long) wish list.
Wow, a bit surprised. Thank you.

Ogiber26

Post by Ogiber26 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:49 pm

Bummer... I thought the recent update would finally include this =(

This would really simplify my workflow... and would have no need to use Cubasis for tracking

Cubasis' loop recording is not elegant but at least it is there and usable

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:54 am

Loop recording won't happen for quite a while (if ever). Auria was never designed with this type of functionality in mind, and it would require almost a complete rewrite of the playback/record engine in order to do it. I simply don't have the time to do that.

Rim

Sparkle
Expert

Post by Sparkle » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:00 am

@Rim
Very disappointed to read this , for the previous years & during the launch of Pro it was "on the feature request list " ;
so I if not many others had assumed it would be implemented at some point & invested in the Pro in the hope it would arrive at some point .
SOme of my good faith invested in Auria has just taken a kick in the teeth with your above statement , which I believe is the first time you have ruled out this option . All previous comments have intimated it was in future plans .

novakram

Post by novakram » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:36 am

Can somebody explain the benefit of this to me? Is it really much easier than setting a locator mark and stopping and returning to that on a fluff / if you want to re-record?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:01 pm

I'm just trying to be realistic on what one person can do. I'd rather be honest about what can be reasonable to expect in the near future than to over-promise. It may happen at some point if I get enough time and resources, but right now I can't see this particular feature happening any time soon. it simply involves too much of a change in the codebase. Probably a six month job...

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Loop record makes tonnes of material to sift through in the editing stage. No loop record brings one of the good points back from the good old days of recording, learning to be judicious.

Maybe for certain types of music genres it would be more useful.

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Auria 2 is already a hell of a package, best than any other DAW solution in the price range, iOS or otherwise. I'd rather hope Rim let this kind of fundamental change for Auria 3, and focus on minor but important things like:

- tuner
- ability to map the pads
- positional velocity on the pads
- add track and duplicate buttons on the arrange view (putting them just above the tracks in the arrange view would be an elegant solution, since there is nothing there but a black strip of empty unused space)
- undo button not affecting Cut or Copy actions, only Paste (pretty please?)
- bug fixes

I'm a very satisfied customer right now, and recommend Auria for anyone I know that work with production.

Tourniquet
Expert

Post by Tourniquet » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:10 pm

theconnactic wrote:Auria 2 is already a hell of a package, best than any other DAW solution in the price range, iOS or otherwise. I'd rather hope Rim let this kind of fundamental change for Auria 3, and focus on minor but important things like:

- tuner
- ability to map the pads
- positional velocity on the pads
- add track and duplicate buttons on the arrange view (putting them just above the tracks in the arrange view would be an elegant solution, since there is nothing there but a black strip of empty unused space)
- undo button not affecting Cut or Copy actions, only Paste (pretty please?)
- bug fixes

I'm a very satisfied customer right now, and recommend Auria for anyone I know that work with production.
Those are some great idea's for adding to Auria in the future!

My favs of the ones you listed are:

Tuner - I mostly use the Tuner inside Bias FX, or insTuner. insTuner is the best tuner I have found on ios. I have quite a lot of them and it works the best and is the most reliable for me. So, a tuner like that inside Auria would be awesome!

add track and dup buttons in the arrange view, this would be great!

undo button not affecting Cut or Copy actions, prob my most wanted. I coulda used this more than a few times. lol.

I agree 110% that "Auria 2 is already a hell of a package, best than any other DAW solution in the price range, iOS or otherwise" I still don't understand all of the things I can do in it, but I absolutely love this DAW.

On a side note, I was going to say, that you, are prob. the most vocal proponent of Auria. And, for good reason! But.........I had to re-think that. Cuz..............there's this guy over on the Audiobus forms that I think is even more enthusiastic about this app. ;) thecon????sumthin.......... :). Anyway. This app is excellent, and I can't believe that one person is responsible for the coding portion of the app. I know nothing about coding, but I know that other companies have teams that make far less sophisticating apps. Rim must be a Meta-Human.

rossFen
Expert

Post by rossFen » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:07 am

Loop recording is a convenience and keeps the flow going without interruption, but the function to me isn’t make or break. Maybe if I was using it in a pro-production environment where it was the expectation of other performers, but that’s not the case. I think every DAW I’ve used can do it, but not having it doesn’t prohibit the recording of multiple takes or overdubbing. I gathered from the way Rim talked about it a long time ago that it wasn’t likely to happen. You can’t please everyone all the time, and this is a single developer with an app the size of Auria Pro. Focus on what it can do.