The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

William

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by William » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:17 pm

keyboard keyboard keyboard keyboard keyboard keyboard

I can only input midi notes inside Auria with Fabfilter en Lyra.
No keyboard in Auria to input midi notes form other sources. A mobile platform with midi but no midi keyboard? That doesn’t belong on a wishlist….that is something that should be there without wishing for it.
Cubasis knows this. It has the virtual keyboard.
Without this Auria is not a fully functional standalone mobile platform.

Oscar South

Post by Oscar South » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Obligatory +1 on Audio Units and also the ability to cue in/punch in to an Ableton Link clock. I've got no desire to have Link slaving to a big crazy tempo map or have the Tempo in Auria slaved to Link or any such thing, but it'd be AMAZING to be able to easily cue in with Link in time and on the bar line.

Beyond that, the ability to host a 'remote' copy of the mixer screen on a second device would be incredible!

Oscar
Last edited by Oscar South on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oscar South

Post by Oscar South » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:24 pm

Here's an example using MIDI Link Sync to 'recreate' what I mean roughly about Ableton Link responding cue in for recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsKohNyQzoc

It's not really great and doesn't work as well as how it looks in the video, but something simple like this (properly implemented) would be a simple and effective way of working with Ableton Link in a DAW environment.

mmmarcinhooo

Create automation point at cursor

Post by mmmarcinhooo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:00 am

Hi there!

Congrats again! This is really an incredible app!

I want to make a suggestion about the automation in Editor view:

What do you think about give an option to Create a control point at cursor (automation point) in Edit View?

Sometimes, even with the full zoom, our fingers don´t stay in the right point and it gets complicated.

Thank you again,

Marcinho.

Eskaylation

Post by Eskaylation » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:11 am

I wish more plugins like sonnox oxford declicker, denoiser...

Btw... This app is amazing... I dont have a computer since few years, when i want to make music i usually have to borrow the laptop of my sister, and boot my protools from my extern harddisk... Now Auria ist my main DAW, i hope it will be my only DAW soon... And i never need a computer any more, i dont like keyboard and mouse anyway... Thank you!!!

jgdeschamps

Post by jgdeschamps » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:43 am

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Lyra needs a velocity curve adjustment graph feature.
Even tough my keyboard controller has hardwired three different velocity curve settings, it's not enough to really adjust its velocity response when coupled with some sample libraries.

For example, the Salamander piano's velocity response couples pretty well to my keyboard's "hard" velocity response setting, and the velocity tracker knob helps to fine tune certain aspects of dynamic response, but the Italian Grand can't be adjusted with this same method. For some reason, the mezzo forte and louder sample layers won't trigger even when coupling it with my keyboard's "soft" response curve and velocity tracker knob tweaking. A velocity curve adjustment graph would be great for this.

I'm pretty sure other types of instrument libraries could benefit from this too.

Oscar South

Post by Oscar South » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:17 pm

The placement of the 'X' to go back from the Piano Roll to the Edit screen is a little awkwardly placed. I would like to be able to get back to the edit screen directly by just hitting the edit screen button on the upper left corner of the screen, rather than having to move my hand to the little used right hand side.

ksound

Post by ksound » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:44 pm

I would love to have an option for nudging midi and audio by small, controlled increments. When fine-tuning grooves, dragging tends to be a little more haphazard than I'd like, and it would be nice to have an option to change the start times by just a midi clock pulse or two.
Last edited by ksound on Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:18 pm

Logic-style Flex already exists in Auria Pro: it's called "warp".

Rudo
Expert

Post by Rudo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:41 am

I really love Auria Pro, but there is one thing I miss. In sequencers in hardware synthesizers there is allways some kind of micro edditting, where I adjusted starting point of the notes, teh exact lenght of the notes and also the velocity and release of the notes.

I hope this can be added or if it is allready in here that someone tells me how to get micro ediitting to work.

StudioSteve

Post by StudioSteve » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:08 am

Will there ever be a "snapshot" option for the automation?

For example: when you get the channel strip dialed in just right, it would be wonderful to select a region of audio, and take a snapshot and lock in the 50 plus parameters that the channelstrip has. If you later change a few parameters, just take another snapshot. ALL DONE!

I do live recordings of aCapella groups. The shows can be 1 1/2 hours long. There might be 15+ different lead singers in a show, all recorded to 1 track. I need to set the EQ, compression and so forth for each singer. Being able to take a snapshot of the parameter settings of each singer for each song would make my workflow so much faster!

Thanks.

ErrkaPetti
Expert

Post by ErrkaPetti » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:26 pm

Rudo wrote:I really love Auria Pro, but there is one thing I miss. In sequencers in hardware synthesizers there is allways some kind of micro edditting, where I adjusted starting point of the notes, teh exact lenght of the notes and also the velocity and release of the notes.

I hope this can be added or if it is allready in here that someone tells me how to get micro ediitting to work.
What's wrong with the current way of editing midi-notes in the sequencer?

Just zoom in and shut of the magnetic grid option to "off"...
Then you can move your midi-data as you wish...

Rudo
Expert

Post by Rudo » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:12 pm

ErrkaPetti wrote:
Rudo wrote:I really love Auria Pro, but there is one thing I miss. In sequencers in hardware synthesizers there is allways some kind of micro edditting, where I adjusted starting point of the notes, teh exact lenght of the notes and also the velocity and release of the notes.

What's wrong with the current way of editing midi-notes in the sequencer?

Just zoom in and shut of the magnetic grid option to "off"...
Then you can move your midi-data as you wish...
I just thinkit is more easy to set the data with Numbers instead of moving things around. And it would be more practical if you click on the more and change starting plint and length and volume (and maybe release velocity) in one doet pop-up box and set the parameters with the Numbers you wish.
Last edited by Rudo on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

ErrkaPetti
Expert

improve global keyboard...

Post by ErrkaPetti » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:32 am

Hi guys on Wavemachine Labs!

I've got an request for the new global keyboard: there should be an option to remember keyboard position on the screen and a option to save the size of the keys...

As it is now I tend to always move the keyboard to a better position than in the middle of the screen and also zoom out the size of the keyboard to 3.5 octaves... Small fingers here ;-)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:58 am

Yes, this is already on my list - it's a bug.

RIm