SALE PRICING GLITCH - PLEASE RESOLVE ASAP

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

powerobject

SALE PRICING GLITCH - PLEASE RESOLVE ASAP

Post by powerobject » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:57 pm

On the AppStore, both your apps are currently listed at $24.99 and per your marketing email says they are on SALE to upgrade for 50% rebate. I already own Auria app and when I launched Auria on my iPad and tapped on Upgrade to Pro version, it gave me a price of $39.99. Upgrade to Auria even when it is not on Sale is $24.99. With 50% rebate during this Sale, I was expecting to pay $12.49 for the upgrade as per your marketing email. Why would I pay $39.99 through the Auria app to Upgrade to Pro when I can get the brand new Auria Pro app for $24.99 from the AppStore?? It's not making any sense. Are you guys paying attention to your pricings before blasting marketing emails about your Sale?

Please fix this pricing glitch and advise so I can upgrade though Auria for $12.49...

Rim
Site Admin

Re: SALE PRICING GLITCH - PLEASE RESOLVE ASAP

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:05 am

You're mistaken. Our prices have always been (in US dollars):

Auria Pro: $49.99
Auria: $24.99
Auria LE: $19.99
Upgrade from Auria to Auria Pro: $39.99
Upgrade from LE to Auria: $9.99

Our sale only affects two products:
Auria Pro is on sale now for $24.99
Upgrade from Auria to Auria Pro is: $19.99

If you're located outside the US, Apple applies its own currency conversion to adjust these prices.

Rim

Rim

powerobject

Post by powerobject » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:03 am

I'm located in th US. When I tap Upgrade to Pro from within the app, it is showing $39 inside the app (not $19.99 as you said). Your app should display the correct current sale price but it is displaying regular upgrade price of $39.99 which is my point. If I buy it, I don't know if a Apple is going to charge me 39.99 or 19.99 dollars. It's unclear.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:28 am

@powerobject : Try the Auria-to-Pro upgrade offering within the Auria Store ('Menu - Auria Store'...) - if it's not too late :wink:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:52 am

Did you originally purchase Auria LE, then upgrade to Auria? I don't see this here when I go to the Auria store.

Rim

powerobject

Post by powerobject » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:00 am

I purchased Auria - not LE and no upgrades.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:06 am

Others have noticed the same thing now on another thread. The prices are correct when you actually complete the purchase. There must be some App Store caching issue causing what you're seeing, so you can safely ignore it.

Rim

powerobject

Post by powerobject » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:16 am

That's what I'm doing as per all my previous messages but it is showing 39.99 inside the app. There is no other way to upgrade directly from the AppStore other than going through Auria app > menu > Store. It only means you need to update your app with the current sale price.
Washboy wrote:@powerobject : Try the Auria-to-Pro upgrade offering within the Auria Store ('Menu - Auria Store'...) - if it's not too late :wink:

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:59 am

powerobject wrote:That's what I'm doing as per all my previous messages but it is showing 39.99 inside the app. There is no other way to upgrade directly from the AppStore other than going through Auria app > menu > Store. It only means you need to update your app with the current sale price.
Washboy wrote:@powerobject : Try the Auria-to-Pro upgrade offering within the Auria Store ('Menu - Auria Store'...) - if it's not too late :wink:
Have you tried actually tapping on the purchase button? A pop up will ask if you're sure you want
to purchase for $?? see if it shows the discounted price- you can still option to cancel. I've found the sale
price never shows up in the store until you actually make moves to purchase. I hope you get it sorted
I suspect you will love Auria Pro :D

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:20 pm

Looks like you're probably not using the latest Auria version when you're making the purchase. Update your version of Auria to the latest version (2.05), then try again. You can check what Auria version you have by going into Auria's settings page. It's listed at the bottom right. I'll bet it's not 2.05.

Also, as @pitzipado mentioned, if you actually go through with the sale, Apple will charge you the correct price ($19.99 USD). A confirmation will pop up from Apple asking you to authorize that amount.

RIm

powerobject

Post by powerobject » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Auria and all apps are up to date but within app, it shows $39.99 which is confusing.

That's right, after I enter AppStore password, it shows confirmation dialog with $19.99