Where is the keyboard..?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

K00z0h

Where is the keyboard..?

Post by K00z0h » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:47 pm

Hey guys

I'm currently on the move and am making music on my iPad Air . I bought Auria pro two days ago and I cannot find an on screen keyboard, is there one?

I'm trying to listen to the samples with the program but without a keyboard I'm not sure how I can..

Can anybody shed some light on this as I must be doing something wrong..

theconnactic
Expert

Re: Where is the keyboard..?

Post by theconnactic » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:55 pm

You just zoom the MIDI track vertically until you notice a little "e" in the track header. Upon clicking the icon, the GUI of the selected instrument - FF One, FF Twin or Lyra - will appear, and each GUI has its own built-in keyboard. The ones provided with the FFs have small keys, so they're more useful for auditioning sounds than to actually use them for real time recordings. On the other hand, Lyra's GUI has a velocity sensitive keyboard that can be zoomed and scrolled at will, and even pads for drum programming.

Unfortunately, each keyboard works only for its own instrument: you cannot use the very good keyboard that comes with Lyra to control thr FFs, for instance. The workaround is to program the track with Lyra and the switch to the synth of your preference. Another thing: none of the built-in keyboards can control external apps. The workaround here is the same: program with Lyra, and then switch to the preferred external app.

Hope that helped.

maximus

Post by maximus » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:38 pm

This thread may be of interest :)

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14649

Cheers,
Max

K00z0h

Post by K00z0h » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:55 pm

theconnactic wrote:You just zoom the MIDI track vertically until you notice a little "e" in the track header. Upon clicking the icon, the GUI of the selected instrument - FF One, FF Twin or Lyra - will appear, and each GUI has its own built-in keyboard. The ones provided with the FFs have small keys, so they're more useful for auditioning sounds than to actually use them for real time recordings. On the other hand, Lyra's GUI has a velocity sensitive keyboard that can be zoomed and scrolled at will, and even pads for drum programming.

Unfortunately, each keyboard works only for its own instrument: you cannot use the very good keyboard that comes with Lyra to control thr FFs, for instance. The workaround is to program the track with Lyra and the switch to the synth of your preference. Another thing: none of the built-in keyboards can control external apps. The workaround here is the same: program with Lyra, and then switch to the preferred external app.

Hope that helped.
Thanks for your reply mate.

I've just got my iPad back and am really trying to get Auria to play Thor app in Auria, but no matter which way I turn, I can't do it.

All I want to do is play external apps into Auria, record them and then add master effects after. Is this possible or do I have to keep switching back and forth?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:57 am

You most certainly can. Create a midi track in AP, open Thor so that it's running in the background,open the midi tracks settings by tapping FX,select Thor as output under ( CoreMidi in yellow ),tap the AP midi controller keyboard,select the midi channel for Thor,set the midi track to record ready,play AP midi controller and you will hear Thor,record your midi.

Now to turn that midi into Audio
Create an Audio track,insert Thor as an IAA plugin on that audio track,now hit play and the core midi will now play Thor and Thor's audio is being routed into AP into the audio track. Simply hit record and you now have the audio of the midi track,eject Thor from the track once your done in order to use it again for another track.
Set Thor to receive midi from Auria or all and Thor's midi channel to all. Cheers and Happy Holidays.

K00z0h

Post by K00z0h » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:12 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:You most certainly can. Create a midi track in AP, open Thor so that it's running in the background,open the midi tracks settings by tapping FX,select Thor as output under ( CoreMidi in yellow ),tap the AP midi controller keyboard,select the midi channel for Thor,set the midi track to record ready,play AP midi controller and you will hear Thor,record your midi.

Create an Audio track,insert Thor as an IAA plugin on that audio track,now hit play and the core midi will now play Thor and Thor's audio is being routed into AP into the audio track. Simply hit record and you now have the audio of the midi track,eject Thor from the track once your done in order to use it again for another track.
Set Thor to receive midi from Auria or all and Thor's midi channel to all. Cheers and Happy Holidays.
Thanks for the post and advice.

Wow what a process. Who would have thought this would be so complicated just to record something.

Because of this I'm now eyeing up other daw's as this seems so not worth the effort.

Thanks again bud

K00z0h

Post by K00z0h » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:26 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:You most certainly can. Create a midi track in AP, open Thor so that it's running in the background,open the midi tracks settings by tapping FX,select Thor as output under ( CoreMidi in yellow ),tap the AP midi controller keyboard,select the midi channel for Thor,set the midi track to record ready,play AP midi controller and you will hear Thor,record your midi.

Hey buddy

I've followed your instructions but from "select the midi channel for Thor" , I'm a little bit lost as Thor isn't playing, it's jus the normal piano sounds...

K00z0h

Post by K00z0h » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Ok cracked it, there is one final step, in the channel strip, the first box must be set to Thor aswell. Once that's set then you can play it through Auria.

Next step is to add some effects to the channel then hopefully record it into Auria