Frozen Drum Tracks Out of Sync

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

indratgj
Expert

Frozen Drum Tracks Out of Sync

Post by indratgj » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Last week I delivered AAF files of our EP to the fellow who will mix and master it. Prior to doing this I froze three out of four drum tracks, in order to preserve drum sounds I'd replace using Drumagog. Yesterday I got a call from the mixing guy who said that all of the tracks in the song sounded fine, except for the three frozen drum tracks. He said these were out of sync with the rest of the tracks, and would need to be slid to get them to line up.

My question is: has anyone else encountered this, or does anyone know possible reasons this could happen? I am not sure what software he is using to open the AAF files and perform the mixing/mastering. I realize that this might be important information to diagnose the problem, so I've texted him about that.

Anyway, any thoughts?

Travis
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Frozen Drum Tracks Out of Sync

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:04 pm

I believe this is a known bug in the latest version. It's on my list to investigate.

Rim

indratgj
Expert

Post by indratgj » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:46 pm

Rim,

Thanks for the reply. Here's some additional information:

1. The tracks that sent over were frozen and converted to AAF using the previous verion of Auria, not Auria Pro.
2. The mix down person imported the tracks into Pro Tools 8.
3. I attempted to diagnose things further: I could unfreeze the tracks and everything would be fine again. I re-froze them and exported an AAF; I then re-imported this AAF back into Auria, and the problem was back. So it does not seem to be a problem converting to Pro Tools. It seems to be caused when exporting frozen tracks as AAF.
4. I found a workaround in which I froze the tracks, exported the frozen tracks to drop box, deleted the tracks with my project, and then imported them from drop box. They come in unfrozen and perfectly in time. So then, I just sent these three tracks to our mix down guy, using a shared drop box folder. This worked for me, so hopefully when he downloads those, they'll be in sync.

Thanks for a great product!
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:11 am

Thanks for the extra info.

RIm