Getting video into Auria Pro without Dropbox or iTunes

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

stanbrubaker

Getting video into Auria Pro without Dropbox or iTunes

Post by stanbrubaker » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:18 am

I recently purchased an iPad Pro 12.9 specifically so I could record with Auria Pro, which I really love. Here's my question: If I have a video file on my ipad (in the photos folder), is there any way I can get it into my AuriaPro project WITHOUT USING WIFI to upload it to iTunes or Dropbox, and then download it again into the project? My wifi is too slow for that, and too unreliable, even at 3:30 in the morning. Plus, maybe I'm missing something, but it seems really strange to me that, since both files are on my same iPad, I can't just use some app (maybe like Audioshare, but one that would work with video files too) or an IOS USB stick, or some kind of workaround to avoid wasting so much time and bandwidth.

pitzipado
Expert

Re: Getting video into Auria Pro without Dropbox or iTunes

Post by pitzipado » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:54 am

Hello- I acquired a gigastone/PhotoFast memory cable and it works really well for videos in/out of
Auria as well as audio files without wifi or computer. I also have a Leef ibridge which works just as well
but is a bit more expensive and the app isn't as well designed- But it is so great to be able to quickly
back stuff up and move files from Auria to an associate's computer!

stanbrubaker

Post by stanbrubaker » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:51 am

Thanks a lot, pitzipado— you just helped make my day. After reading your answer, and doing some research, I ordered a 64GB Gigastone PhotoFast, on Amazon, and look forward to putting it through its paces tomorrow! Thanks so much for answering, blessings!

stanbrubaker

Post by stanbrubaker » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:28 am

Thanks again, pitzipado... My new 64GB gigastone/PhotoFast memory cable arrived yesterday, but I still have both problems. When I'm in Auria Pro and want to "Load Video" I can only load from "Local" or from "Dropbox". I'm trying to avoid Dropbox, but how do I get my iPhone movie file from my Photofast cable into "Local"? Also, when I hit Mixdown to save it, I don't see my new Photofast Memory Cable as an optional destination, but just Dropbox, Soundcloud, Email, and AudioShare. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:57 am

stanbrubaker wrote:Thanks again, pitzipado... My new 64GB gigastone/PhotoFast memory cable arrived yesterday, but I still have both problems. When I'm in Auria Pro and want to "Load Video" I can only load from "Local" or from "Dropbox". I'm trying to avoid Dropbox, but how do I get my iPhone movie file from my Photofast cable into "Local"? Also, when I hit Mixdown to save it, I don't see my new Photofast Memory Cable as an optional destination, but just Dropbox, Soundcloud, Email, and AudioShare. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Hello Stanbrubaker- To export to the photofast storage you have to have a mix down land someplace then move it. I usually choose "export to audioshare" and from audioshare the photofast app will show up in the share menu- you can also choose "mixdown to new track" then select that region tap edit> share> export to other app
and the storage app comes up as a choice.
To get a video into Auria Pro here is a procedure:
Go to the Pfast app choose photos> from camera roll choose video>
find video go to upper right "select" select it > go to lower right tap
"more" a pop up will offer "synch to external> this copies to the storage
Go back to home page select "external storage"> choose "camera synch">
choose "photos"> select the video> in lower right tap " more">
a pop up will offer choice of "zip"> choose that and your video will be
compressed(this can take a few moments if it's a long video) >
choose the zip file> choose "share"> Auria will show up in the "open in"
choices open Auria > settings> "load video" I hope this works
for you- best wishes for success!
jp

stanbrubaker

Post by stanbrubaker » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:06 am

Got it! I learned on another post that if I first copy my video into External storage in PhotoFast, then change my single video file to a ZIP folder, I can Share it directly to Audio Pro. Thanks again for your help.

stanbrubaker

Post by stanbrubaker » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:22 pm

Maybe I should do a new post, since you've helped me greatly, and I can easily get video IN to Auria Pro without using Dropbox and bandwidth. HOWEVER... :< I still can't export an AuriaPro project WITH THE VIDEO INCLUDED into my PhotoFast cable. What am I missing. When I do an 'Export Video' mixdown to "OFF" I can't find the file-- I suppose it's in an Auria Pro folder somewhere, but I sure don't know how to access it. If I mixdown to AudioShare it just exports an audio file to PhotoFast. And the other three choices-- DropBox, SoundCloud, and email-- use wifi, which I'm trying to avoid. Any other ideas.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:47 pm

stanbrubaker wrote:Maybe I should do a new post, since you've helped me greatly, and I can easily get video IN to Auria Pro without using Dropbox and bandwidth. HOWEVER... :< I still can't export an AuriaPro project WITH THE VIDEO INCLUDED into my PhotoFast cable. What am I missing. When I do an 'Export Video' mixdown to "OFF" I can't find the file-- I suppose it's in an Auria Pro folder somewhere, but I sure don't know how to access it. If I mixdown to AudioShare it just exports an audio file to PhotoFast. And the other three choices-- DropBox, SoundCloud, and email-- use wifi, which I'm trying to avoid. Any other ideas.
:shock: So sorry to have guided you down a one way dead end path ending at your wifi antenna. My memory
of exporting directly from Auria was a false one I should have taken the time to try it again. I'm on the
list for a brain transplant hopefully I'll do little more damage til then
:arrow: Meanwhile a clever Audiobus forum contributor named Fitz came up with a way to do it
which I copy to you here if you are still trying to achieve optimum sound tracks for video from your
camera roll (and back! :D )

Import film into Pinnacle Studio Pro.
Export movie to Auria.
Create audio track.
Export audio to Audioshare
Export from Audioshare to PSP
Add audio track to the film in PSP
Export film to Goodreader.
Save film to camera roll.

Ok, you need 3 other apps. Pinnacle Studio Pro, Audioshare and Goodreader. Also, as far as I know, you end up with an MP4 file.
I have all of those apps but Goodreader. Why would I need Goodreader if PSP already allows you to export to camera

Ha ha, I missed the save to photos in PSP. You're right. I've just done this myself so it does work.
HOLY SMOKES DUDE!!! That works!!!!! WAHOOO!!!!! Thank you!!! This does exactly what I want to do and an even BETTER solution because I can bounce back and forth between my preferred iPad video editing app (PSP) and my preferred DAW. Thanks again! You have no idea how long I've been trying to solve this problem. I think I tried it once before, but I when I hadn't seen Auria available to export to in PSP, I gave up. Hadn't realized that you have to FIRST export to "Other App" from PSP, and THEN it gives you Auria as an option.

Seriously, you just made my month! Thanks again.