What about replacing Audiocopy integration by Audioshare?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

theconnactic
Expert

What about replacing Audiocopy integration by Audioshare?

Post by theconnactic » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:30 am

Hi, @Rim!

I posted it at first in the Audiobus forum. Since the post met so much positive feedback, I decided (and was indeed advised) to post it here as well.

@theconnactic said:

By the way, Auria has dedicated buttons for AudioCopy and AudioPaste. It would be nice IMHO if Rim ditched AudioCopy and make these buttons "To Audio Share" and "From AudioShare
".

Because AudioCopy is buggy and cumbersome, while Audioshare kind of became de facto standard for iOS audio file management.

Is it possible, Rim? Would it be very hard to code, meaning it's not doable without a major update?

All the best,
Dimitri.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: What about replacing Audiocopy integration by Audioshare

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Auria already has these available in a menu. You can import and export to audioshare directly from Auria.

Rim

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:17 pm

Thank you for the answer! Where are the Audioshare import options, though? I only know exporting to AudioShare, and only trough the mixdown menu. The AudioCopy buttons allow for copying individual regions, instead of only stems or the stereo mixdown of the entire song, as well as importing (pasting) directly into a given point into the timeline. All from the arrangement window. Since it seems to me that AudioCopy is a mess nowadays, being buggy and poorly supported, while AudioShare is the hub for managing audio files on iOS, it would be nice IMHO if it replaced AudioCopy in the visible buttons, instead of being hidden in the mixdown window, allowing us to paste regions directly to and from AudioShare.

All the best!

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:16 pm

theconnactic wrote:Thank you for the answer! Where are the Audioshare import options, though? I only know exporting to AudioShare, and only trough the mixdown menu. The AudioCopy buttons allow for copying individual regions, instead of only stems or the stereo mixdown of the entire song, as well as importing (pasting) directly into a given point into the timeline. All from the arrangement window. Since it seems to me that AudioCopy is a mess nowadays, being buggy and poorly supported, while AudioShare is the hub for managing audio files on iOS, it would be nice IMHO if it replaced AudioCopy in the visible buttons, instead of being hidden in the mixdown window, allowing us to paste regions directly to and from AudioShare.

All the best!
Hello- in the edit window select a region then tap edit>share>import/export from/to audioshare
and especially cool is an "open in" option I can now send regions all over the place :D most handily to
my external storage app- a great addition!
Happy sonic travels

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Thank you!!! :D

Cpu Red
Expert

Post by Cpu Red » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:14 am

Rim, is there anyway you can make it so we can export midi tracks to Audioshare as well? Audioshare is fully capable to handle midi files. Looking forward to your response.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:18 am

Cpu Red wrote:Rim, is there anyway you can make it so we can export midi tracks to Audioshare as well? Audioshare is fully capable to handle midi files. Looking forward to your response.

Hello- you can export midi to audioshare now by selecting midi region tap edit>share>"export to other app"> audioshare
I found I can export my wild midi creations to symphony pro and there it appears as written score! Auria just
grows cooler and cooler :D
best jp

Cpu Red
Expert

Post by Cpu Red » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:54 pm

Awesome! Thanks. I totally missed that. I will have to check that out when I get home.