2.05 won't update, lost plug ins,Pro charging twice on store

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

wingwizard

2.05 won't update, lost plug ins,Pro charging twice on store

Post by wingwizard » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:05 am

Hi. I've tried to summarise the issues I'm having. I have Auria Pro on my iPad Pro and iPad Air 2. I just did a load of app updates and pro 2.05 will not update on my iPad Pro (some issue where auto updates wasn't working meant I had to update a load manually). I have tried again and again, rebooted the iPad, signed in and out of store etc.

I then noticed on the air I have version 2.05. Eventually I decided to delete pro and reinstall it on my iPad Pro. Unfortunately in the store it is now trying to charge me again for pro. I remember being assured once in the past I would not be charged for pro twice, perhaps when putting it onto my second iPad having upgraded - but I was and had to get a refund from Apple. Am I going to be charged? It says £39.99 and I have to press buy and enter my password to reinstall it even though I already own it.

My other problem is that I have lost a lot of plug ins that I paid a large amount of money for. I saw that Auria on my iPad Pro had very few plugins installed even after restoring purchases, which I don't believe works given some other users comments on lost plug ins. I haven't recorded music in a while so I couldn't remember exactly what I had lost. I opened Auria pro on my air and I can see psp echo micro warmer and old timer are all there, as plug ins I can use. So these have been lost on my iPad Pro Auria pro, possibly more. In the Auria store they show with the price, indicating I'd have to buy them. The iPad Pro Auria pro did have my retuner and the two sugarbytes plug ins, turnado and .. The other one. Ha.

I do like the app a great deal, but in honesty this stuff is a real nightmare, particularly given the large sums of money consumers are losing when it involves expensive plugins that can go into hundreds of pounds. Thanks very much for any help with this.

Washboy
Expert

Re: 2.05 won't update, lost plug ins,Pro charging twice on s

Post by Washboy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:30 am

Is it possible that your original installation was/is standard Auria upgraded to Auria Pro via IAP?

If your Auria icon/tile says "Auria" underneath then, even if it has full Pro functionality, it's actually still standard Auria as far as the AppStore is concerned. You must, in that case, always reinstall standard Auria - not Auria Pro - otherwise you'll be charged for Auria Pro. Incidentally, the 'splash screen', that appears on starting Auria will also say only "Auria" in the case of standard Auria. Auria Pro's icon/tile and splash screen both say "Auria Pro".

There's a sticky post somewhere here that goes into greater detail. If I can find it, I'll post a link later.

EDIT: This explains things better (and more completely) than the above: http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13601

wingwizard

Post by wingwizard » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:45 am

Hi, thanks for that.

My original installation was an upgraded Auria, which still shows as Auria, on my iPad Air. What happened was I upgraded to pro on the air, then when I got Auria Pro, on my iPad Pro, I was charged. I had to get a refund from Apple, by calling them. They saw I'd purchased the upgrade etc - might have been a store refund which is no good to me nowadays. :)

But... When I look on the AppStore on my iPad Pro, it's not only Auria pro that shows a price and buy, but Auria standard as well.

wingwizard

Post by wingwizard » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:48 am

I read the link you provided - thank you - and it seems as though perhaps, if I can download original Auria without getting charged, and upgrade to pro, the same I might have all my plugins? So my problem is downloading Auria without being charged - at the moment the store shows I will be.

Perhaps for some reason this is also connected to the update not working.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:52 am

Are both the iPad Pro and the iPad Air registered to the same AppleID? If not then you'll be purchasing from different accounts. Does that make sense?

wingwizard

Post by wingwizard » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Yeah, they're both registered to the same Apple ID. Sorry for slow reply. Appreciate the help. I'm still being told it's £18.99 or whatever it is, and I have to buy.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:48 pm

Hmm, curious :?

So, if you launch the AppStore app on your iPad Pro, go to the 'Purchased' tab and tap the 'Not on this iPad' button, there's no sign of Auria with a little cloud download symbol beside it? If not, I think you might need to chat with Apple about that - unless another forum member here is expert with multi-iDevice operation.

Oh, and is Auria the only one of your purchased apps that won't freely download to both of your iPads?

wingwizard

Post by wingwizard » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:27 am

Hi. I'm trying to resolve this atm with iTunes Apple. Sorry again for my slowness replying. That right, neither Auria nor Auria pro show up in my purchased apps. But Apple have them both registered as purchased by me.

Auria is the only app I can see that won't freely download. I think something has gone awry with the complexity of the upgrading to pro system, and doing it in app.

I read the details re plug ins and it seems like my options are either installing pro on my iPad Pro then transferring plug ins from Auria standard within pro. Or.. Installing initial Auria and upgrading within to pro. The latter should mean I can just restore plugins... Ughhhh. I have to check actually to see if I bought any plug ins in pro - can you transfer plug ins both way-- those bought in pro to Auria and those brought in Auria to pro? This is insane. :( I know it's trying to work round Apple stuff but...

I'm also nervous that if I install initial Auria to simplify the plugins thing it'll try to charge me when I upgrade it to pro in app.

wingwizard

Post by wingwizard » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:38 am

Ok. Apparently, and god knows why (after the amount of time it took explaining the situation I didn't want to ask anything else!) my initial Auria purchase was 'hidden', not by me, and Apple had to reshow it so it now comes up in purchased apps. And I am dloading it.

I asked about the pro in app upgrade and was told if I do get charged for this it would be Auria, your good selves :), I need to contact because that would be a purchase from you. It does make sense, as the refund I previously received from Apple was for my AppStore purchase of Auria pro, not the in app upgrade - this was why I got a bit confused as to liability. Hopefully it won't charge me but I wanted to mention this.

wingwizard

Post by wingwizard » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:06 am

Annnnnd.... Finally I have dloaded and installed Auria standard. I restored purchases which updated me to the latest pro, all splendid. It also restored all my plug ins... Bar one. I have psp echo on my other iPad's Auria, upgraded to pro. BUt not on this iPad, with restored plugins.

Do you know why this is? Could it have been purchased in pro on one iPad and transferred back to Auria upgraded to pro on another.. But now not showing up in a reinstall of Auria upgraded to pro?

I have looked all around Auria upgraded to pro but cannot find a transfer purchases button. I may need to transfer a plug in bought on Auria pro to Auria standard upgraded to pro if the above is the case.

I would also like to know, please, that any plug ins I purchase in Auria, despite it being upgraded to pro, will restore, if I need to reinstall Auria again for some reason? I mean... If you have Auria, upgrade to pro, then purchase plug ins while upgraded to pro, they will restore again, if you reinstall Auria. It's only plug ins bought with an AppStore copy of pro that don't restore?

Thanks again for your help. Cry.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi @wingwizard :) I'm glad you're getting things sorted out (sorta).

I've no idea why Apple would refer you to WaveMachine Labs re IAP purchases. Apple handles all purchases and are the only ones that can refund, etc. (but I'd recommend getting confirmation on that from @Rim - the developer).

It's really important to understand that purchases made within Auria LE, Auria (standard) and Auria Pro are separate. The 'Transfer Purchases' option in Auria Pro (NB: that's the full "Auria Pro" app, not an IAP-upgraded "Auria" app) works in only one direction - into Auria Pro. You can't transfer purchases made in Auria Pro to standard Auria (even if that standard Auria has been upgraded via IAP to Auria Pro functionality).

But the term 'transfer purchases' is potentially misleading because you never actually transfer the purchases (as far as Apple is concerned). The purchases remain associated with the Auria product/app within which they were originally purchased, i.e. Auria LE, Auria (standard) or Auria Pro. The 'Transfer Purchases' option in Auria Pro just temporarily unlocks, in an installation of Auria Pro, any IAPs present in a copy of regular Auria installed on the same iPad. I say "temporarily" because the transfer would need to be repeated if the Auria Pro needed to be reinstalled.

So, for example I have standard Auria (upgraded via IAP to Auria Pro functionality). Its icon says just "Auria", its spash screen says just "Auria" but 'Menu -> Settings -> General(tab)' tells me it's Auria Pro Version:2.05 functionally. If I ever need to reinstall my Auria I have a choice, after the initial app install. I can perform a 'Restore Purchases' from within 'Menu -> Auria Store' or I can simply repurchase the Upgrade to Auria Pro IAP and any other IAPs that I know I own. The latter route is often preferable because it avoids waiting for the lengthy download of some content that I've purchased but don't always want occupying space on my iPad (some IR or loop packs, for example).

Any IAPs I purchase with my copy of Auria (whether with the Pro IAP restored or not) will be restorable.

I can't say why PSP Echo isn't available on one of your iPads - another one for @Rim to address for you :wink: