Latest update - big problems help urgently please

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Dad54

Latest update - big problems help urgently please

Post by Dad54 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:51 pm

Everything working fine for weeks until this evening with the installation of the latest update
Now big rises in cpu (2% last night to 16% tonight on the same project with no changes) and getting no sound out of the same project some times it loads despite seeing the meters flashing away
Not impressed
Please help sort or re-issue the last version ASAP as this is not helpful !!!!
V disappointed and frustrated at the moment

mtingle
Expert

Re: Latest update - big problems help urgently please

Post by mtingle » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:26 pm

you might have as IAA 'stuck' in the background. This happens to me on occasion, it's silently draining CPU but there's no way of knowing that it's even open.

I believe the way to thoroughly purge your system is to close all apps. then open any IAA you've recently opened and then close it. You could for good measure power off the ipad to clear the RAM.

I'd say your CPU would come back to what it was after this as I think I'm right in saying RIM didn't make any CPU type changes to the code for this update.
Last edited by mtingle on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:23 pm

The only thing I changed in 2.05 that could possibly affect CPU is in Lyra. The changes I made should have reduced CPU usage though... Is this a project that uses Lyra?

Rim

Dad54

Post by Dad54 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:06 pm

No use of Lyra only 6 audio files and one live instance of thumbjam which seems to be causing the problem at the moment

Thanks for your guidance though

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:40 pm

As usual with IAAs, make sure your buffer size is set as large as practical. Smaller buffer sizes like 256 will cause the CPU usage to go up considerably.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:10 pm

I wish Auria could force Final Touch to have a buffer of 4096. Currently it's stuck at 256 which greatly reduces the performance of the iPad Pro during the mastering process.