cut/paste not working properly

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jimhenry
Expert

cut/paste not working properly

Post by jimhenry » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:56 pm

hi- been using auria for a couple years and really love it.

just now i copied audio from two separate tracks, highlighted two different tracks where i wanted to paste the audio but it pasted the to the tracks where i grabbed the audio. if i do one track at a time it works fine. but trying to copy and paste on multiple tracks it's not recognizing where i want to paste it.

any thoughts? jim

mtingle
Expert

Re: cut/paste not working properly

Post by mtingle » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:48 am

if your copying from 2 or more tracks at a time I *think* you simple select the uppermost destination track only and paste there and it'll keep the same relative track distances in the pasted regions.

jimhenry
Expert

Post by jimhenry » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:57 pm

thanks for the response...it didn't work.

it used to work...hey moderators...where are you?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Like mtingle mentioned, the correct way to do it is to choose a destination track first, then do the paste. If this isn't working, it might be a bug.

Rim

jimhenry
Expert

Post by jimhenry » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:17 am

hi rim- thanks for getting back to me. i apologize for bugging you on the holiday weekend. i forgot that you guys might be taking a few days off so sorry for the interruption.

i definitely understand the procedure for copy and paste. i have no problems with it for a single piece of audio, it works fine.

my issue is if i try the same procedure with audio from 2 tracks, instead of pasting the copied audio to the selected tracks it pastes them to the same tracks i just copied them from.

however, if i copy audio from 2 tracks, but only select only 1 track, the copied audio gets pasted to the selected track and the track just below it.

my question: is this how it's supposed to work? it seems to me i used to copy 2 regions then select 2 tracks where i wanted to paste them. did something change, was it always like this and i'm just not remembering, or is it a bug?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:07 pm

No problem, yes this is the intended behavior. When you copy multiple tracks, Auria does one of two things when you paste:

1. If you don't select any tracks when you paste, Auria pastes the audio into the same tracks you copied from.

2. If you choose a single track, Auria pastes the audio starting with the track you selected, then pastes the remaining tracks below it.

RIm