Importing saved .prj from Dropbox

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Gary
Expert

Importing saved .prj from Dropbox

Post by Gary » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:39 am

After importing a saved wave project from Dropbox there is no data or sound. Anyone have an explanation?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Importing saved .prj from Dropbox

Post by Rim » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:10 pm

How are you importing the project? Are you using the Load Project menu in Auria, or are you doing this manually? Please describe all your steps in saving your project to Dropbox and loading it back it.

Rim

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:01 pm

Created a new audio track.
Menu ---> load project
Select Dropbox tab
Select file

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:29 pm

That's not correct. That's what you do if you are loading an audio file that you want added to a track, and that needs to be a file you can see on it's own. As Rim said, use load project, then select Dropbox as the source - you can see the choice of Local or Dropbox at the top. Then you'll see your Dropbox project files.

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:49 pm

That's exactly what I did. The project loaded but there's no audio.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:36 am

Gary wrote:Created a new audio track.
Menu ---> load project
Select Dropbox tab
Select file
Hi Gary. Can I ask, what's the purpose of "Created a new audio track" if you intend(ed) to load a different project immediately afterward? Not a criticism, just trying to understand your workflow.

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:28 pm

Ah ... Maybe I don't need to create a new track? Heres what happened ... I backed up my project to drop box. Then I did a fresh IOS install on my iPad, re-installed all my music apps along with Auria Pro. Then tried to import my previously saved project to Auria from Menu/import file / dropbox list. Tracks from project loaded but theres no audio. I actually think its a dropbox issue because it wont load the file either. Bummer, now I gotta do the whole project over!

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:53 am

@Gary : Perhaps you won't have to do everything over. Have you tried importing ('Menu -> Import File -> Dropbox(tab)') the individual WAV files into a newly-created project from your Dropbox backup project?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:59 am

It looks like you're using the wrong function to restore your project. Instead of using "Import Audio" like you described, you need to use "Load Project", then select the dropbox tab. If you use Import Audio, you're only going to be able to import the audio files themselves, but it looks like you want to import the entire project which you saved earlier.

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:33 am

Well spotted, @Rim. I didn't notice that @Gary had contradicted his earlier post :lol:

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Its a dropbox problem. There is no audio for some reason. I successfully loaded a different project from dropbox and that one is ok. Beats me where my original project audio went.thanks anyways ....