Looping with hardware?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Kites
Expert

Looping with hardware?

Post by Kites » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:35 am

I think it's been briefly addressed in fragments across the forum, but after a 4 bar loop on Auria Pro, my Electribe 2 stops. This is also the case with the Beastep Pro, Korg Vocla Sample, and I'm sure anything else I throw at it. When I run Auria from the begginning of the timeline, my midi hardware devices launch just like before. IConnectAudio4+ is syncing everything together, but I wonder if there are particular settings I should adjust for Auria as Cubasis runs just fine looping.

Rim mentioned MMC or MTC in a related post, but Cubasis only has one sending option which is just MIDI Clock.

Apart from mentioning the iCA4+, I should mention I'm on an iPad Pro running iOS 9.1.

Anyone have similar experiences and work arounds?

Kites
Expert

Re: Looping with hardware?

Post by Kites » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:00 pm

Bump

Kites
Expert

Post by Kites » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:10 pm

Just updated my iOS 9.2, so ill test the loop again.

Kites
Expert

Post by Kites » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:47 am

I'm still having issues with this midi loop issue. Can someone please chime in?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:51 am

Please describe in more detail what you're trying to accomplish. Do you have a MIDI region playing in Auria that's sending MIDI to an external hardware keyboard (using your iConnect), or are you trying to get Auria to play another app, using IAA, or using CoreMIDI?

Rim

Kites
Expert

Post by Kites » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:02 am

Rim wrote:Please describe in more detail what you're trying to accomplish. Do you have a MIDI region playing in Auria that's sending MIDI to an external hardware keyboard (using your iConnect), or are you trying to get Auria to play another app, using IAA, or using CoreMIDI?

Rim

Hi, Thanks for the response. I've just been trying to sync my hardware, or any hardware for that matter ( BeatStep Pro, Electribe 2, Vocal Sample, Midi Eurorack modules ) with Auria Pro looping a 4 bar ( or any length ) region. After the end of a loop my hardware just stops playing. I'm not sending MIDI notes from Auria in particular since my gear has built in sequencers, but even in that case my gear still losses sync. The looped region on Auria functions just fine along with Lyra and the other included synths, just nothing external.

My MIDI Settings of 'Send MIDI start stop' and 'Send MIDI Song position pointer' are both on. I'm sending Clock to the appropriate outputs too, Is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:07 pm

Thanks, I think you just discovered a bug. Auria should be sending a song position pointer message when using external hardware MIDI devices, but it looks like it might not be. I'll add this to my list.

Thanks,
Rim

Kites
Expert

Post by Kites » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:01 pm

Thank you kindly!

Kites
Expert

Post by Kites » Wed May 04, 2016 9:20 am

Hey Rim any updates on this?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed May 04, 2016 9:35 am

Are you still experiencing this in Auria 2.x? This should have made it into the new engine a while back.

Rim

Kites
Expert

Post by Kites » Tue May 31, 2016 1:09 am

Yea, hardware controllers still not looping to Auria at this point.