iOS 9.3.2

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

acaonweb
Expert

Re: iOS 9.3.2

Post by acaonweb » Mon May 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Morgan wrote:I have both Ipad 4 and IPad Pro 12.9" with IOS 9.3.2 and have connected both iPads individually to the Focusrite 18i8 using CCK adaptor and a newly purchased lightning to USB 3 adaptor and have not experienced any connection or latency issues from either of the adaptors. The Lightning to USB 3 adaptor has the advantage of charging the IPad whilst in use which is a big plus when spending many hours continuous on a project. From my own personal experience the issues have been resolved on the latest update and relieved that I no longer have to go through the workaround procedures to get things working. It's difficult for any user on the forum to give a categorical "yes all the bugs have been dealt with" but from my point of view it all works now and I'm very happy. Perhaps if other users come forward with their experience on their particular Ipad model those that are currently on the fence may be persuaded to take the plunge. Take care everyone. Trevor
I know I'm annoying but could you try to load a big project in Auria (6+ tracks), play it, load another big project and play it? I would like to know if exist again the bug that no sound come out the 18i8 until a replug.
Another question.. What is the Lightning to USB 3 ? Where I can find it? And 18i8 charge the iPad?

Thanx in advamce
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

almsfurr
Expert

Post by almsfurr » Tue May 24, 2016 3:36 am

I've had the odd crash. No warning...Auria just closes. This was low cpu overhead projects and seemingly with no connection to the task I was performing. Having said that, each time it happend I was in the waveform view. I reported this through the Auria reporting prompt.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm

acaonweb wrote:
Morgan wrote:I have both Ipad 4 and IPad Pro 12.9" with IOS 9.3.2 and have connected both iPads individually to the Focusrite 18i8 using CCK adaptor and a newly purchased lightning to USB 3 adaptor and have not experienced any connection or latency issues from either of the adaptors. The Lightning to USB 3 adaptor has the advantage of charging the IPad whilst in use which is a big plus when spending many hours continuous on a project. From my own personal experience the issues have been resolved on the latest update and relieved that I no longer have to go through the workaround procedures to get things working. It's difficult for any user on the forum to give a categorical "yes all the bugs have been dealt with" but from my point of view it all works now and I'm very happy. Perhaps if other users come forward with their experience on their particular Ipad model those that are currently on the fence may be persuaded to take the plunge. Take care everyone. Trevor
I know I'm annoying but could you try to load a big project in Auria (6+ tracks), play it, load another big project and play it? I would like to know if exist again the bug that no sound come out the 18i8 until a replug.
Another question.. What is the Lightning to USB 3 ? Where I can find it? And 18i8 charge the iPad?

Thanx in advamce
Up

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Fri May 27, 2016 3:22 pm

Hi acaonweb apology for not getting back earlier on your request for a bit more testing. I have run multiple loading and unloading of projects on both the IPAD4 and IPad Pro all with a minimum of seven tracks and with some exceeding ten tracks. I did not experience any issues with the Focusrite 18i8 interface although Auria did crash a couple of times on the Ipad4 but I put that down to my impatience in trying to load and unload projects to quickly having got used to the high speed of the IPad Pro. At no time did I have to use any of the previous workarounds of unplugging USB leads or the headphone jack as required on IOS 9.2. You asked about the Lightning to USB camera adaptor. This adaptor allows for the iPad to be charged while in use by plugging the IPAD charger into the lighting socket on the adaptor. The link is as follows.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2 ... r?fnode=37

Hope this info helps.

Take care

Trevor

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Sat May 28, 2016 4:14 pm

Morgan wrote:Hi acaonweb apology for not getting back earlier on your request for a bit more testing. I have run multiple loading and unloading of projects on both the IPAD4 and IPad Pro all with a minimum of seven tracks and with some exceeding ten tracks. I did not experience any issues with the Focusrite 18i8 interface although Auria did crash a couple of times on the Ipad4 but I put that down to my impatience in trying to load and unload projects to quickly having got used to the high speed of the IPad Pro. At no time did I have to use any of the previous workarounds of unplugging USB leads or the headphone jack as required on IOS 9.2. You asked about the Lightning to USB camera adaptor. This adaptor allows for the iPad to be charged while in use by plugging the IPAD charger into the lighting socket on the adaptor. The link is as follows.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2 ... r?fnode=37

Hope this info helps.

Take care

Trevor
Great, I can update mi air, thanx so much for your help

F.