No input metering ( but i am recording)

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dmacpherson

No input metering ( but i am recording)

Post by dmacpherson » Tue May 24, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi
I posted this a while back. It resolved itself, but the problem has returned:
Attempting to do a new project today
don't seem to get metering on the inputs when Mics are connected
If I open an old session and arm a chanel, I do get metering, so the interface is working.
I can even record.....just doesn't show on meters during tracking.
What am I doing wrong?

Morgan
Expert

Re: No input metering ( but i am recording)

Post by Morgan » Thu May 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Not sure if this is relevant but there was a bug where the meters stopped displaying which was resolved by turning the iPad into portrait mode then back to landscape mode which corrected the non displaying meters. Just a long shot as no one has commented on your post. Trevor

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri May 27, 2016 9:59 am

One thing that you can do that will surely tell you if you are indeed getting input into Auria is in the Input Matrix. There you will see the tiny vu meters that show your input signal and this is separate from the vu meters in the mixer. So always check your Input Matrix first. If you see that you have a signal in the Input Matrix but not in the mixer than there is a problem in the project. To check this simply create a new project and do not include any templates just a bare project with no tracks. Then create a track mono or stereo and see if your problem is still there. Then go from there depending on the results. This may work as you mention that an old project loads and shows the vu meter when set to record so that tells you that Auria is also working so it probably is a corrupt project. Also reboot everything in your usb system including the Audio interface that your using to record with. Cheers and hope you solve your issue.

gotharman

Post by gotharman » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:25 pm

I am having the exact same problem, with no input metering, running Auria Pro on a brand new Ipad Pro. I also had this problem, when running it on an Ipad mini 2, so maybe it is something in my setup....

This problem only appears, when I have a Behringer X18 connected, not when I am using an RME Babyface.

It is though super annoying. Hope that someone knows something...?

Vincebel

Post by Vincebel » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:00 pm

I'm having the same problem using the xr 18 and the iPad Air 2. When I start a new project, I don't get any signal. I've found that when I swip the app to close it completely and restart the app, it works fine. This is a glitch in the app that occurred after an update to the app. Hopefully, the makers will correct this problem in the next update.