iOS 9.3.2

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jg707
Expert

iOS 9.3.2

Post by jg707 » Tue May 17, 2016 4:44 pm

Just wondering if anyone has upgraded to the latest iOS 9.3.2 and if anyone's had any issues?

With all the problems with iOS 9, I've stayed on 8.4.1! :(

Thanks!
Jeremy

stromberg-carlson
Expert

none

Post by stromberg-carlson » Tue May 17, 2016 11:35 pm

no issues ipad pro 13 inch wifi lte.

creARTiv

Re: iOS 9.3.2

Post by creARTiv » Wed May 18, 2016 1:09 am

There are some Issues with IOS 9.32 and IPad Pro, so i'm waiting for better news about it.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed May 18, 2016 3:31 am

jg707
Expert

Post by jg707 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:20 pm

Yes...I'm seeing that there are a number of complaints in regards to the Pro out there with this update...

Anyone experiencing any issues with non-Pro models?
Thanks! :)

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Thu May 19, 2016 12:19 pm

I've updated both my IPAD4 and IPAD Pro (12.9") display to 9.3.2 and so far have not experienced any problems. I have tested both units on my new RME Babyface Pro and Focusrite 18i8. It's a relief at last after six months of hassle with iOS 9.2 to see that APPLE appear to have sorted the problems with the Focusrite 18i8 and can report no latency or connections issues. On a side note I can wholeheartedly recommend the RME Babyface Pro which I bought in frustration at the ongoing issues with the 18i8. The unit seamlessly connects to the IPad, has four inputs, top notch performance and has a superb mixer control utility (Totalmix) which can be downloaded from the App Store. Hope this helps anyone currently on the fence regard the latest iOS update. Take care everyone. Trevor

jg707
Expert

Post by jg707 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:31 pm

Morgan wrote:I've updated both my IPAD4 and IPAD Pro (12.9") display to 9.3.2 and so far have not experienced any problems. I have tested both units on my new RME Babyface Pro and Focusrite 18i8. It's a relief at last after six months of hassle with iOS 9.2 to see that APPLE appear to have sorted the problems with the Focusrite 18i8 and can report no latency or connections issues. On a side note I can wholeheartedly recommend the RME Babyface Pro which I bought in frustration at the ongoing issues with the 18i8. The unit seamlessly connects to the IPad, has four inputs, top notch performance and has a superb mixer control utility (Totalmix) which can be downloaded from the App Store. Hope this helps anyone currently on the fence regard the latest iOS update. Take care everyone. Trevor
Thanks Morgan...That's good to hear as I have a similar set-up. I'm using Behringer FCA1616/ADA8200 for 16 inputs and it works flawlessly with iOS 8.4.1. I knew there were a slew of issues with early versions of iOS 9 and so I didn't want to update till I was sure the bugs were worked out. Sounds like it might be time to take the leap! :D

levispeights
Expert

Post by levispeights » Thu May 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Morgan wrote:I've updated both my IPAD4 and IPAD Pro (12.9") display to 9.3.2 and so far have not experienced any problems. I have tested both units on my new RME Babyface Pro and Focusrite 18i8. It's a relief at last after six months of hassle with iOS 9.2 to see that APPLE appear to have sorted the problems with the Focusrite 18i8 and can report no latency or connections issues. On a side note I can wholeheartedly recommend the RME Babyface Pro which I bought in frustration at the ongoing issues with the 18i8. The unit seamlessly connects to the IPad, has four inputs, top notch performance and has a superb mixer control utility (Totalmix) which can be downloaded from the App Store. Hope this helps anyone currently on the fence regard the latest iOS update. Take care everyone. Trevor
This is great to hear!!

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Thu May 19, 2016 2:40 pm

My experience has been good this time round with the two devices I have detailed. If you are using any other interface and not be prepared to be a Guinea pig as I have been on this occasion then might be wise to see if anyone else has your particular device and has tried it before updating. It should be relatively easy at this point to back track to 9.2 if something is not quite right but not sure about anyone moving up from much earlier versions of IOS. Good luck. Trevor

jg707
Expert

Post by jg707 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Morgan wrote:My experience has been good this time round with the two devices I have detailed. If you are using any other interface and not be prepared to be a Guinea pig as I have been on this occasion then might be wise to see if anyone else has your particular device and has tried it before updating. It should be relatively easy at this point to back track to 9.2 if something is not quite right but not sure about anyone moving up from much earlier versions of IOS. Good luck. Trevor
Thanks Morgan!

Yes... I'm holding off till the last of the tracking is done for the album I'm on the middle of. I don't need any "surprises" mid-project, but I believe the Behringer and Focusrite circuits are the same, so I think it should ok when the time comes. I have been checking the various blogs out there for other FCA/ADA usersto see what their experience is as well.

Thanks again for your input! :D
Jeremy

creARTiv

Post by creARTiv » Sat May 21, 2016 5:52 am

The IOS Update 9.32 is not aviable for the iPad Pro 9.7 now. The other iPad models should work with it.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Mon May 23, 2016 3:38 am

Morgan wrote:My experience has been good this time round with the two devices I have detailed. If you are using any other interface and not be prepared to be a Guinea pig as I have been on this occasion then might be wise to see if anyone else has your particular device and has tried it before updating. It should be relatively easy at this point to back track to 9.2 if something is not quite right but not sure about anyone moving up from much earlier versions of IOS. Good luck. Trevor
So i can upgrade to 9.3.2 safely using 18i8 and CCK? You have to you hearphone trick or it's not necessary at all?
Can you record good?
In past, changing a project to another with many tracks, the sound went off, and you have to plug and unplug the 18i8 to make work it
Could you tell me if that issues is resolved too?

Thanx in advance

Fabrizio
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Mon May 23, 2016 3:59 am

9.3.2 seems to fix the latency problems. I recorded vocals with a Focusrite 2i4 with no issues at all.

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Mon May 23, 2016 6:39 am

I have both Ipad 4 and IPad Pro 12.9" with IOS 9.3.2 and have connected both iPads individually to the Focusrite 18i8 using CCK adaptor and a newly purchased lightning to USB 3 adaptor and have not experienced any connection or latency issues from either of the adaptors. The Lightning to USB 3 adaptor has the advantage of charging the IPad whilst in use which is a big plus when spending many hours continuous on a project. From my own personal experience the issues have been resolved on the latest update and relieved that I no longer have to go through the workaround procedures to get things working. It's difficult for any user on the forum to give a categorical "yes all the bugs have been dealt with" but from my point of view it all works now and I'm very happy. Perhaps if other users come forward with their experience on their particular Ipad model those that are currently on the fence may be persuaded to take the plunge. Take care everyone. Trevor

Devp
Expert

Re: iOS 9.3.2 all good so far

Post by Devp » Mon May 23, 2016 2:04 pm

Up until now I was using 9.3.1 on an iPad 4th gen and having the same issues as every one else trying to get focusrite scarlet to work.
I installed the update to 9.3.2and all seems well
No latency and no need for the headphone jack work around
I have not spent a lot of time so there may be other issues down the line but so far so good :D