Sending program change to Drumjam

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MusicInclusive
Expert

Sending program change to Drumjam

Post by MusicInclusive » Tue May 03, 2016 9:21 am

Hi folks,

I want to work with Drumjam to change the presets on the fly. Jesse told me that I could do the following:

Use MIDI program change messages to switch between presets using bank select (CC0 and CC32) to choose the user preset bank before sending the PCs.

Program Changes:
With Bank select MSB (CC0) = 00 - PC events load pad instruments (alphabetically in list)
MSB (CC0) = 01 , and the LSB (CC32) picks the FACTORY preset group, with PC events selecting the preset within that group.
MSB (CC0) = 02 , and the LSB (CC32) picks the USER preset group, with PC events selecting the preset within that group."

So, my question is, how would I achieve doing that accurately and with control from within Auria Pro?

I can draw those CC message curves in a MIDI track, but how would I achieve fine grain control?
bank1A.PNG
bank2A.PNG
Thanks!

MusicInclusive
Expert

Re: Sending program change to Drumjam

Post by MusicInclusive » Tue May 03, 2016 9:38 am

I should add, I've been experimenting with combinations of Quantize/Optimize/Length ...
quantA.PNG
... to get more of a rectangular change, but I really need to enter specific CC values at set timeline intervals.

Thoughts?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue May 03, 2016 12:14 pm

To get better control over individual control points, I suggest turning off draw mode (the pencil icon). This allow you to touch and hold to add an individual control point, allowing you to fine-tune just that single point.

Rim

MusicInclusive
Expert

Post by MusicInclusive » Wed May 04, 2016 8:56 pm

Hey, thanks Rim for chiming in.

Found a "solution" - at least, something that works better...

OK. So, with some help from Patrick (Secret Base Design), Jesse (Drumjam) and Jason (iPad Musician group) :D we cracked this :lol:

Using Sidecar, I set up the CC's for Bank select (0) and the LSB for Control 0 (Bank select) (32).

Then I set PC items for the other Sidecar pads. Sent Sidecar output to Auria, and set the Auria MIDI to receive from Sidecar (and send to DJ so that I could actually hear live if it was working).

Like so:
APSC1_a.PNG
Sending 1st CC 0-1 to change to the Factory bank (0-2 would select the User bank).
Then pressing CC-32-12 to select the Africa patches.
Then pressing PC change pads in some random order.
Recording it and then playing back the result, it works.
APSC1_a.PNG
Fiddly though... :D

Something to consider adding (i.e. easy PC changes ) for a later AP update mebee? :)

(Sorry the attachments didn't appear to inline where I expected them to and the 1st one made it twice. Odd.)
Attachments
APSC2_a.PNG

krzycrs
Expert

Post by krzycrs » Thu May 05, 2016 5:07 am

Thanks, very appreciated ...