Crash on Startup

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

soultron

Crash on Startup

Post by soultron » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:39 pm

Recently Auria has been crashing evey other day, sometimes twice. Last night after a crash I was trying to fill out the crash report when it crashed again. Aince then this is all it does. Everytime I start the program, it brings up the error report prompt and before I can hit send or cancel it crashes.

Anyone else having this issue?

soultron

Re: Crash on Startup

Post by soultron » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:01 am

Well, I did a back up, saved files to my pc, and re installed the app with no change.
I had hoped to upgrade to pro, but without knowing if it will function I'm uneasy.
Anyone?

soultron

Post by soultron » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:02 am

I tried record some tracks in a new project and that worked. For now it seems like my files are the problem.
Has this got anything to do with the last Auria upgrade?

soultron

Post by soultron » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:03 pm

Alright, I guess for now I'll just re-record my ep. As long as the app remains stable and the original project files keep crashing that's all I've got. Is there anyway to be sure I don't have this problem again? Is Pro more stable? I don't know if this is because I upgraded my ipad or if it's due to something within Auria, but it's my first real down experience with the program.
I'd really just like some feedback.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:29 am

Hi @soultron :) Sorry to hear you're having problems.

Are you still using Auria v1.xx or did you update to v2.x? If the latter, then you're already using the same code base as Auria Pro (just without the pro features being activated).

Since you've already backed up the problem project to PC, have you considered manually importing some of its WAVs into a new project to save having to re-record? It'll be fiddly but it might make recreating your project quicker and you stand to identify any problematic WAVs in the process. Just a thought :)

soultron

Post by soultron » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:02 am

I have the latest version, and I did the last update as well. I did consider rebuilding from the .wavs up. All the original projects I've tried to open crash, not just one.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:22 am

If you can find a specific sequence of actions that cause a problem, I'd love to know about it so I can try to fix it. Auria 2.x is still relatively new, so there are bound to be some hidden issues here and there. The important thing is to find a way to reproduce any issues you have step by step, starting from a new project. If you can do that, please send me the instructions. If I can duplicate something here, I can usually fix it within minutes.

Thanks,
Rim

soultron

Post by soultron » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:30 am

I started a new project and so far have not encountered any problems except that I've been downgraded to LE. I can't seem to find any way to restore my purchase of the full version of auria. Currently I can't get at any of my purchased effects either.

Rim wrote:If you can find a specific sequence of actions that cause a problem, I'd love to know about it so I can try to fix it. Auria 2.x is still relatively new, so there are bound to be some hidden issues here and there. The important thing is to find a way to reproduce any issues you have step by step, starting from a new project. If you can do that, please send me the instructions. If I can duplicate something here, I can usually fix it within minutes.

Thanks,
Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:42 pm

Restoring is usually just a matter of going to the Auria Store, then clicking the button at the top called "Restore Purchases". If that fails, you can also find the upgrade you had already purchased previously, and "buy it again". Apple won't charge you twice for something you already bought. Just make sure you do this inside Auria, not on the App Store!

Rim

soultron

Post by soultron » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:04 pm

Restore purchases worked! I've started the recording process and have only had one crash which I didn't happen again.
I can't quite remember what I was doing besides pinch re-sizing. Other than that it's smooth sailing so far.

Oliviande

Post by Oliviande » Sat May 25, 2019 1:31 pm

2019, guys. Can you fix this at last? This problem started occuring to me every day for the last 2 weeks, I need to reboot iPad in order to get Auria to work. Currently in the midst of recording, a reinstall feels dangerous at this point.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:42 pm

Oliviande wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:31 pm
2019, guys. Can you fix this at last? This problem started occuring to me every day for the last 2 weeks, I need to reboot iPad in order to get Auria to work. Currently in the midst of recording, a reinstall feels dangerous at this point.
Is this happening with a particular project of all projects?

What OS version?

What changed on your iPad between when it was last stable and when it stopped being stable?

I had a problem like you mention with one particular project. Restoring the project required manually deleting one of the files and replacing it with a snapshot,