Aux bus to tracks

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

albut

Aux bus to tracks

Post by albut » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:08 am

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have had Auria Pro for about a week now and I love it. Put a coulple of my Pro Tools projects into it and I am amazed at how well it works. Still checking the manual to suss out the tools etc. But there are a couple of things that I cant find any info on, so I decided to ask here.

I was wanting to set up a few fx on send/returns. I added a new track and selected Aux 1 as its input. Then set a reverb plugin on that track. But sending a signal from another audio track from aux 1 does not go to the track with the reverb plugin on it. I then found that the aux send does go to the master track if you insert a plugin on that. Am I doing something wrong or does this not work on tracks other than the master track? If this doesnt work how I expected, then what use is there for being able to asign an aux bus to a tracks input? Hope someone can explain this, as that is how I would set things up in Pro Tools and also on mixing consoles for live or studio work.

One other thing that I would like to do would be to re arrange the track layout of the mixer. Is it possible to move tracks to organise them in a different order after you have imported a project. This isnt crucial, but it would be nice to group all similar instruments together.

If these things cant be done, it is no big deal. This software is still brilliant as it is, and I dont expect it to be the same as something like Pro Tools running on an ipad, but it is much more than I expected.

Cheers.

albut

Re: Aux bus to tracks

Post by albut » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:49 am

Hi, I have just found out how to move tracks around in the mixer layout in one of the posts on the forum. If anybody else needs to know, you touch and hold the track name on the left hand side of the edit window until it is moveable, then drag it to where you want and release it. I havent had time to read all of the posts on the forum yet, but slowley checking them for any useful info and tips.

Any info on setting up aux send and returns would be appreciated.

Cheers.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:03 pm

So you set up an empty stereo track with AUX1 as its input, and then you add your reverb as an insert on that track. After that all you need to do is to open up the AUX1 dial above any of the other tracks to add some reverb to them. What you don't want to do is to send the out put of other tracks to AUX1, just use the dial.

kaikoo
Expert

Post by kaikoo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:18 pm

richardyot wrote:So you set up an empty stereo track with AUX1 as its input, and then you add your reverb as an insert on that track. After that all you need to do is to open up the AUX1 dial above any of the other tracks to add some reverb to them. What you don't want to do is to send the out put of other tracks to AUX1, just use the dial.
Richardyot is Auria's senior alumni ! :wink:

albut

Post by albut » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:36 am

Thanks for the reply Richardyot. As soon as I saw you mention "set up a stereo track" I thought, I didnt try that. I was using a mono track to insert an effect, which doesnt work. I have just tried it with a stereo track and it works how I expected.
Seems strange that it doesnt work with a mono track. Thanks again anyway. At least I now know what I can use.

Cheers

BennieTonini
Expert

Post by BennieTonini » Sun May 01, 2016 5:34 pm

I am having a hard time understanding why you can do it like this:

I would use the AUX FX on the master channel to put in the effect and then you can dial up
the aux 1-6 on every track.

Why would you do it like described in this topic?
To get the confusion clear I started my own tread in General Discussions.

Why would you call an AUX as an INPUT? There must be more to it than this.
No meaning to be dis respectful but English is not my first language and sometimes I mess up.

With greetings,

Bennie

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Mon May 02, 2016 2:42 am

BennieTonini wrote:I am having a hard time understanding why you can do it like this:

I would use the AUX FX on the master channel to put in the effect and then you can dial up
the aux 1-6 on every track.

Why would you do it like described in this topic?
To get the confusion clear I started my own tread in General Discussions.

Why would you call an AUX as an INPUT? There must be more to it than this.
No meaning to be dis respectful but English is not my first language and sometimes I mess up.

With greetings,

Bennie
You can use the AUX on the master channel, but that only allows for one effect slot. By using a stereo channel with the AUX as an input you can assign 4 effects to each AUX send, it's much more powerful, allowing you to EQ your reverb for example.

BennieTonini
Expert

Post by BennieTonini » Sun May 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Thank you for your explanation. This makes sense! Not that i will use it this way because that is to much
rocket science for my sound haha. What a great app it is and i learn everyday.
Getting to know this thing inside out is merely a quest for fun in my point of view.
It is a little power house indeed.

Thank you for your time!

Bennie

Sye

Post by Sye » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:43 am

Hi, trying this and it seems great, but how can I solo just the track with the effects on it and just hear the effects?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:30 pm

I would recommend the bussing system for this. You can solo your fx and send any track to any buss track which has a plugin in it so that it affects any track sent to that buss. Cheers and here is the link to my video on this topic. Hope it helps you learn Auria Pro more fully. This does not work on the regular Auria as you need Auria Pro and its bussing system for this to work. So if you have Auria Pro you all good to go with this tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KCKC7jB8dY

Sye

Post by Sye » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:30 pm
I would recommend the bussing system for this. You can solo your fx and send any track to any buss track which has a plugin in it so that it affects any track sent to that buss. Cheers and here is the link to my video on this topic. Hope it helps you learn Auria Pro more fully. This does not work on the regular Auria as you need Auria Pro and its bussing system for this to work. So if you have Auria Pro you all good to go with this tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KCKC7jB8dY
Thank you! Very helpful!

Kladman

Post by Kladman » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:33 am

Oh sad, the video is not available any longer....