v2.04 available

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Steve White
Expert

Re: v2.04 available

Post by Steve White » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:23 pm

Ok another problem but this one is a lot worse. I have a Novation Launch key 25 that I use for a lot of my parts when I record but now? I'm not sure how to explain this but I'll try. So I set up everything to record and get the sound I want using Launch Key. I play the backing track and when I go to play them the keys are off. Example, a D chord is playing but I have to play an E chord to make it sound like a D chord. I've tried the Launch Key in Garage Band and it plays correctly.

Suggestions? Or is this a bug too?

Steve

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Update

All of my apps are not working correctly with Auria. All the iFretless ones are having the same problem with no keyboard even attached. The Sax App is the wrong size and the bottom bar of notes is missing. The Brass App has a full screen but the notes are wrong. I've tried all these with Garage Band and unfortunately they worked there.

Steve

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:04 pm

That suggests there's some transposition occurring. If GB is OK then it's probably not your LaunchKey doing it. Is the LaunchKey's MIDI driving a Lyra instrument or an IAA app? More detail needed :wink:

I suggest you create a new project to test with, set up the same MIDI instrument and check if the transposition happens with the new project.

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:07 pm

Hi Washboy

I ran the apps without a keyboard even attached and it still does it but that's not the only problem. The screens on some of the apps are missing parts so I can't see them, it's just black.

Steve

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:14 pm

I'm not sure how the screens of other apps would be related to Auria, but I'll try to help. Have you tried rebooting your iPad? Maybe there's something corrupted in iOS that's causing issues with your screen.

As for the transposing, make sure you don't have transpose turned on in Auria's real-time MIDI controls (press FX on your track and look for the transpose option). Also, be aware that there's no MIDI standard for octaves, so if you're off by exactly 1 or 2 octaves, this is a common MIDI issue that affects all apps. You can set Auria's root octave in the settings.

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:16 pm

Well, other apps not displaying properly doesn't sound like an Auria issue. Have you done the usual, force close all apps and reboot iPad (hold power button and Home button until screen goes black, then release both buttons and wait for Apple logo and eventually the startup screen)?

EDIT: Oops! Rim got in first :lol:

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi Guys

I actually did a reset and then a restore and still have the same problems. I don't see a transpose option in the fx track. Where exactly is that? As for sizes again it only does it if I'm using Auria.

Steve

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:40 pm

Are you sure you're using a MIDI track, not an audio track? When you press the Fx button on a MIDI track, you get a window that has two tabs (MIDI Control and Channelstrip). If you click on MIDI Control, you''ll see a transpose option. Make sure that's set to 0. Again, if you're seeing that you're off by one or two octaves, this is normal.

Rim

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:41 pm

I'm sorry Rim. Yes it's an audio track but that's the way I've always done it. Should I try on using MIDI instead?

Steve

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Ah, I assumed you were recording MIDI. There's nothing I can think of that will cause an audio track to become pitch-shifted like you describe. Please list the steps to recreate this. Maybe we'll catch what you're doing wrong at some step.

Rim

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Ok Rim

I'll get to that as soon as I can, thanks.

Steve

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:04 pm

Ok

So this is how I set up a track to record. Pick an empty track, open fx for that track and select a plug in. I mostly use Sample Tank or iFretless apps. Arm the tack and I'm good to go. This morning I started a new project and did everything the way I always do and recorded a guitar track using Sample tank. Then added a new track and used Sample Tank again to record anything else to see if it was off.... it was not. I closed out everything and then opened Auria again. went to a project I had the problems with and tried again with Sample Tank and it's still off. If I go back to the one I used this morning, everything is right.

This is really confusing? I can't think of any way that this would change key steps the way it is. Is there maybe a transpose setting for the audio? Or the track itself that I may be missing?

Steve

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:32 pm

Pitch shifting audio as a bug usually means different settings for the sample rate of the project and the sample rate of the audio interface. Does you interface have a controller app? If it does, perhaps it's set to a sample rate different from what you're using with Auria. I cannot thing of another explanation.

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:33 pm

P.S.: if you are recording audio from another app, check if the sample rate of the app matches the one in Auria.

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:02 am

Yep, checked all that and everything is fine. Plus if there was something set wrong wouldn't it reflect in the new test song I set up using the exact same apps?

Steve