Help with Mackie Control Universal Pro

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

TI1005

Help with Mackie Control Universal Pro

Post by TI1005 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:12 am

Hi, this is my first post, so please be lenient with me :?

I just bought an second hand MCU Pro - rather old, with Firmware 3.0. I had no problems getting it to work with Auria both in HUI or MCU mode.

BUT: In both modes, I was kind of disappointed how few functions are available on the hardware. No jog wheel and only about 30% of all the buttons...

1. Is anything wrong?
2. Is it possible to edit the mapping between Auria and the device?

Thx in advance!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Help with Mackie Control Universal Pro

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:37 am

The jog wheel isn't implemented, but all other functions should work - plugin editing, aux sends, faders, pan, meters, mute/solo, track names, transport. Please describe the features you see missing?

Rim

TI1005

Re: Help with Mackie Control Universal Pro

Post by TI1005 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:32 am

Hi Rim,

thanks for the quick reply - I am in the office, so not in front of the devices. What I remember:
-Zoom/Arrow Keys
-F-Keys
-Does Flip work?
-Select button for each track
-Save button
-Most of the Global View buttons have no function (toggle between track and mixer view is working, why not open "FX" for example?

Don´t get me wrong, overall it is working fine, and I am a huge fan of Auria - I am just wondering if it is possible to get the most out of the controller (or adjust/edit/customize the mapping of functions in the protocol.

Can you describe how plugin editing works? I may have missed this functionality.

TI