Help with Aphex USB 500

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mildwest

Help with Aphex USB 500

Post by mildwest » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:43 am

I'm hoping someone with this audio interface can help. I am having issues monitoring via the unit's built in headphone outputs in Auria. I have tried everything I can think of and I am frustrated.

I know the headphone outs are on channels 3/4 of the outputs. When I select this in the output matrix in Auria, it is selected, but I cannot hear anything. I have tried Legacy. Standard and Multi-Route Audio. I can see my input is coming into Auria and signal is showing full strength at the selected input and the master outputs. Monitoring inputs is selected in the settings, but nothing, nada. No sound through the headphone outs.

When plugged into my computer and using Ableton or any other DAW, I can use the headphone outputs when selecting outputs 3/4 just fine. So, I know the headphone outputs work. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Help with Aphex USB 500

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Have you tried pressing the volume buttons on your iPad? Sometimes these are all the way down, so you won't hear any audio out of the headphone jack.

Rim

mildwest

Post by mildwest » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Rim,

I was just about to post that this was my issue. I continued researching other posts where folks had issues and saw that. I also had my audio on the "control center" muted. Once I did both of those and switched back to standard mode, it worked as it should. Thanks!.

MOUSER

Post by MOUSER » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:25 pm

Hey, how much do you like the interface? I'm running 12 lunchbox modules in api racks into an Apogee Quartet, but the Aphex box is so interesting. How do you like it as an iOS interface?