vid of Xtouch working with auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Xo4sho
Expert

vid of Xtouch working with auria

Post by Xo4sho » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:36 pm

http://youtu.be/1xTSd2JPEP0

Short and sweet

I finally had a little down time so i made this real quick for i know proof has been needed lol

Once again i can say the connection is not consistent meaning: When i disconnect everything or power off, going through the same exact steps it may not connect right away or even if i switch to a new project where i have to redo midi settings it wont immediately connect. It takes a few times cycling through the power and the connection and then BOOM it is connected again working as it should for the most part.

Radside
Expert

Re: vid of Xtouch working with auria

Post by Radside » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:17 pm

Great...that is awesome! Thanks for the video. It looks like you've cracked the code. Can I bother you to provide details on your connections, whether it is in MC or HUI mode, and your midi settings? Thanks.

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:23 pm

impressive. Thanks for the video.

About connection issues, I have a similar experience with an older MFi audio/MIDI interface. After shutting devices down, the next day, it can become a serious problem until MIDI and audio is working again. A solution to that problem (although not a very good one) is to leave the iPad running, and (this is important) leave one app running that connects to the interface (audio, MIDI, or both).

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Radside wrote:Great...that is awesome! Thanks for the video. It looks like you've cracked the code. Can I bother you to provide details on your connections, whether it is in MC or HUI mode, and your midi settings? Thanks.
I am in HUI. Heres whats crazy about it...I really think the iconnect4 has something to do with it. If you use a cck from the xtouch to the ipad, the faders only work one direction. The iconnect4 seems like its able to make sure its reading both ways.

I have the xtouch connected to host port usb of iconnect. When i go to midi settings in auria, just hit the send remote. Sometimes it works right away, sometimes it doesnt and thats when i start cycling through turning the xtouch on and off connecting the ipad and disconnecting it until it eventually reads. This is what i would like our wonderful developers to figure out. Needless to say, once im in a project and have it working, i dont switch to much after that,lol

Just last night i upgraded the firmware to 1.15 wondering if it would change anything. The only addition in regards to auria (and a cool one i thought) was the channel meters read on the xtouch now.

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:33 pm

Xo4sho appreciate the insight! i have an iconnect audio 4 so will give that a try once I figure out the routing on that unit. I've been struggling trying to get the audio routing through that unit.

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:09 am

@radside

Go into the audio iconfig app, once again i dont know if it really matters or not but i changed the hst1 ports to XTouch. I only did that because i read from another forum to change the names of ports for routing. Note: I have tried MC mode and i have only got it to work with auria faders moving the xtouch and not the other way around. Eventually i will do a video to show me going through the process even if it dont work immediately.

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Thanks for the tip. I definitely need to do that because I find iConnect's naming convention in their routing matrix a little confusing.

dblonde
Expert

Post by dblonde » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:10 am

with the Xtouch compact its the same issue. Of course the compact only works with MC mode and not HUI. Auria can control the Xtouch faders etc but not the reverse of this which is what we all want :)

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:23 pm

So i would like to fully confirm that the new update fixed the connection issue. Rim it seems that the inconsistencies was directly related to the more than 6 midi outputs (or whatever number) bug. It just dawned on me that i never could select mackie hui with my iconnect plugged in. I can switch from project to project and if hui is selected from previous save, the xtouch automatically adjust to the project. A few times on new projects i started for testing, it wouldnt connect. This was fixed by ONE cycle of power through the xtouch and after that it connected. A big thank you Rim and for others that have been on the fence about the xtouch, i think it is a go now.

A fellow artist i recorded this weekend was shocked by not only me using the ipad pro, but the fact that i didnt touch the screen that much for tracking and mixing. The workflow is on a whole new level and simple at that.