The level meters stop working in the mixer window

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cyril777
Expert

The level meters stop working in the mixer window

Post by Cyril777 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:20 pm

Hi,
I'm running Auria Pro on an iPad Pro, iOS 9,2.
I've got this issue each time I use Auria, which is that the level meter disepear from every tracks in the mixer window.
It's happening quickly after I launch my project, in less than 5 minutes. When it's happening, if I go in the menu to open my project again, the level meters reaper, on all tracks.
This doesn't happen in the channel strip windows of the tracks, the level are always here, but I don't understand why this level meters disepear so quickly, I can't think of a cause to this issue.
I thank you for your attention and all the help and informations you could give me about this issue.
Best regards,

Cyril

mschenkel
Expert

Re: The level meters stop working in the mixer window

Post by mschenkel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:08 am

Same here, same setup. Next time it happens I'll get you a more detailed report

thinds
Expert

Post by thinds » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:33 am

Funnily enough, I just had the same issue and dropped in here to check. Saw this at the right time.

Levels are ok in the channel view but after switching to mixer I have zero activity. 8 lanes of audio, nothing inserted in any of them.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:39 am

flip ipad into portrait mode and then back again and the meters return.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:29 am

Yes, this is a new issue in 2.03, and it's on my list to fix for 2.04. Simply turning the iPad to portrait and back should fix it. I believe this happens as a result of deleting or moving tracks in the editor. If you see it happening after another action, please let me know so I can add that to my list.

Thanks,
Rim

thinds
Expert

Post by thinds » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:24 am

Rim wrote:Yes, this is a new issue in 2.03, and it's on my list to fix for 2.04. Simply turning the iPad to portrait and back should fix it. I believe this happens as a result of deleting or moving tracks in the editor. If you see it happening after another action, please let me know so I can add that to my list.

Thanks,
Rim
As always, thanks for the help.
Cheers.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:40 am

Should have looked here first...i already filed a bug report :oops:
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

paulrpotts

Post by paulrpotts » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:32 am

I hope this will be useful --

I installed Auria Monday night for the first time. Immediately, just playing the sample project, I got warnings about low memory and CPU. I restarted my iPad and those went away. But I then came across this "level meters stop working" but immediately, and repeatedly.

The sample project played fine.

I made a new project and it would record and play back from the internal microphone (I haven't tried using it with an external interface yet), but the level meters were all dead.

Closing the project and reopening it made the level meters start working.

I tried again with a minimal project with fewer tracks and the exact same thing happened: the brand new project worked, but would not show anything on the level meters. Closing and reopening the project made the meters start working again.

This is on an iPad 4th gen (A1458) with 16 GB and wi-fi only. Hope that helps...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:28 am

Flipping the iPad back and forth between landscape and portrait fixes this issue in the mean time.

Rim

jussishow
Expert

Post by jussishow » Sun May 22, 2016 11:08 am

I'm running 2.04 on an iPad Air @ latest IOS and still encounter this problem ...

When I create a new project, and set the input matrix & name the tracks, the level meters in the mixer window are "dead" until I flip the iPad or reload the project.

The meters in the waveform window work OK.

?