v2.03 Submitted to Apple

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rafael_ollero
Expert

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by rafael_ollero » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:10 am

Great !!
Please Rim, quick review on this..
Anxiety invaded
Hehe,
Good Work

Hansson

Post by Hansson » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:32 am

Rim just a quick little tip or something, can you remove the "midi panic" function from the stop button ? i think that is why SM player is crashing because when i press stop i get a CPU spike, and i think that is because it is combined Panic button (i read that somewhere), iam sorry for my nagging on SMplayer, ive started using Animmog alot so ill be heading into Auria much more now,

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:34 am

That's not possible, because notes need to stop when you press the stop button. If I removed that functionality, every note you played would ring on forever.

Rim

Hansson

Post by Hansson » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:37 am

okej, i no dev iam just tinkering :)

something causes the spike when i press stop so i figuered it might be that since i read somewhere i think that the stop doubble functions as midi panic.

either way keep it up youre doing great, but dont put to much focus on ipad pro though ;) iam still on Air2 and i dont want to be left out ;)

JRSIV
Expert

Post by JRSIV » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:08 pm

Rim wrote:Here's what the mixer looks like
So is that expanded mixer layout only going to available for Auria Pro users or can those on iPad Air 2 and under get it as well?

I know having "iPad Pro" optimized features on apps are essential for new apps/app updates, with most only capable on that device in the first place. But this expanded mixer looks like it could be reasonably workable on an iPad Air/Air 2 display, cramped of course but for those with decent vision it looks fine.

Is it more a feature that can only technically be done on the Pro or will it be optional for all Auria Pro users?

(BTW: that "parents basement" blast by stromberg-carlson was a bit stiff. I believe quite a few of us could swing an iPad Pro but either choose not to piss away money because they just got into a newer iPad within the last year or two or just don't dig carrying around a tablet the size of a placemat.

Since we're volunteering opinions, I'll say it certainly seems those who must get every single new piece of technological kit right at release seem to be overcompensating for something. Trying to fluff chests out with some "look what I got" gimmick doesn't impress anybody older than 9 years old...hey, just my opinion.)
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

stromberg-carlson
Expert

Post by stromberg-carlson » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Ooh relax bro. It was tongue in cheek. No harm or kittens injured. No need to be salty over Internet humor. :oops:

The dev of this app has stated on another forum that only the pros screen size can properly display these onscreen improvements. Nothing under the hood will be different, just more real estate.

iOS 9 has not caused me any issues on the iPad pro (128 LTE) with the apps I use.

Omighty

Post by Omighty » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:28 am

Makes sense to use the extra screen size, however if possible the inserts should be there for reg iPads in portrait mode atleast. Or in the options to have, if not oh well not a big deal. Does look cool tho.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:26 am

This is only possible on an iPad pro. We're talking about a huge amount of extra resolution needed to display these expanded channels. I tried squeezing this into a regular iPad and it's completely unusable and unreadable. The icon size is so small you can't even make out the individual letters.

Portrait mode is not feasible either because in that mode it's very important to have 100mm faders. And even if I could make that an option, it still wouldn't fit. It would be about 300 pixels too small. Sorry guys, it's just not going to happen on a normal iPad. I tried!

Rim

stromberg-carlson
Expert

thank you for utilizing the PRO!

Post by stromberg-carlson » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:18 pm

your efforts are appreciated and i for one thank you for utilizing the real estate on the pro mr. rim.

pegleg85
Expert

Post by pegleg85 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:54 pm

Now I really have to upgrade to iPad Pro.

Igneousflame

Post by Igneousflame » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:16 am

Any movement on this one ?

I understand the original update was pulled.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:06 pm

Pro has already been approved, and I'm just waiting for the other two to get reviewed. As soon as all three are approved, I'll make them all available at the same time. I like to make all three go live at the same time, so one's not available before the others. Hopefully another day or so.

Rim

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:34 pm

That's excellent news, Rim, I've been holding off on using Pro awaiting this update! :D

levispeights
Expert

Post by levispeights » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:38 pm

Glennonator wrote:I love the graphics update for the inserts but it does seem to spell the end of my dream for reorderable inserts.
I'd love to be able to switch the order of inserts without having to save the presets for each, then remove the inserts, then add them in a new order, then reapply the preset. A lot of DAWs have this feature. Would it be really hard to implement?
I second this!

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:24 am

when Auria will support Apple pencil, ipad Pro will be mine :)
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com