Using 2 keyboard controllers for seperate instruments

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

R&M

Using 2 keyboard controllers for seperate instruments

Post by R&M » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:07 pm

Greetings, I am new to Auria pro but am an experienced Logic Pro user on a Mac desktop. I am going mobile with my setup and have an iPad Air 2 (64) running thru an iconnect audio 4+. I am running 1 keyboard thru the midi din and 1 thru the usb midi port (iconnect has a dedicated usb midi port) and the iPad connected to the usb device port 1.
Everything works fine until I try to control 2 inst channels separately from the controllers. When I open the midi controller settings Auria recognizes both controllers and allows me to select the input from either controller on each of the inst channel strips as well as select the midi channel. Here is my problem: Regardless of the controller input selected, either or both keyboards trigger both instruments or just one depending if both are armed (red toggle pressed). They will only sound if the channel is either "All" or channel 1 for either controller. When I select channel 2 on either controller, nothing from that controller.
i.e. Inst1's input set to controller 1's port on channel 1 and inst2's input set to controller 2's port on channel 2. Controller 1 plays any inst that Is armed, and at the same time, even though a different input was selected for the other inst. Also you get nothing from controller 2 unless it's on all or channel 1 as well. Same if I reverse it. They both work if on all or channel 1 but no other channels and auria does not seem to actully seperate the inputs between the inst channel strips even though it shows the different controllers as being the input to the appropriate inst strip. I have no issues doing this in Logic .
Am I missing something or is this a bug?

martygras
Expert

Re: Using 2 keyboard controllers for seperate instruments

Post by martygras » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:05 pm

I mentioned this to Rim during the Beta. He didn't seem to understand.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

R&M

Post by R&M » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:35 pm

Yeah I don't either. In its midi infancy, it seems the program has controller routing and channeling issues in the midi instrument controls. i.e. It doesn't work.

R&M

Post by R&M » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:24 am

Figured it out. See post "Drums XD crashes in auria pro".