Auria Pro (AP) and Yonac Magellan

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BennieTonini
Expert

Auria Pro (AP) and Yonac Magellan

Post by BennieTonini » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:05 pm

Hello people of this great community,

I've been experimenting the last 2 days with Synthesizers & Auria Pro to see what work and what won't work.

I've encountered somewhat strange behavior of 2 Synths in particular: Magellan and Nlog Pro.

Magellan however has a lot of possible options on the input and the output preferences.
And I still don't know when to use the "MIDI CONTROL" page if you press the FX on the track.
The route is simply play some MIDI from Magellan into AP and afterwards play the same MIDI.

I already contacted Yonac Magellan about this because i know this must be a problem coming from their end.

But maybe there are some user out here who did find a working solution?

This is what I came up with so far:

I tried every possible routing option in the MIDI preferences, I gave the MIDI in different channel numbers instead of OMNI, I tried different options in the MIDI CONTROL inside Auria Pro.

And the MIDI out from Magellan toward AP on omni and different channels as well. In all with all I experienced an unstable system and was forced to panic a lot because of strange MIDI feedback issues.

In the beginning I was at least recording MIDI but as time went by the more you experiment with settings the harder it gets. In the end I was left with some MIDI artifacts and Magellan going nuts in different sounds and it got stuck.

I presented the test results in a topic on a Facebook group called Ipad Musician and I will ask some questions about this too the Audiobus forum. I have some reactions of people having the same struggle.

Anyone here can help me please?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria Pro (AP) and Yonac Magellan

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:37 pm

There's nothing you need to set when using IAAs with Auria. All MIDI routing is done automatically. The only reason you'd need to touch any of the MIDI Control settings is if you're using a Core MIDI app (not IAA). Are you sure you're inserting these apps into Auria as IAAs?

Rim

BennieTonini
Expert

Post by BennieTonini » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:16 pm

Hello RIm,

I insert the IAA in the MIDI track below the FX button wich states "none"
I have to make shure the App is On before I take it in AP as an insert in a MIDI track.
The Nlog Pro Synth is somewhat catchy to set up. After I found the right settings inside that App,
It was running stable together with Auria Pro. But it won't record MIDI unless you put Nlog pro inside the
MIDI CONTROL tab when you hit the FX button. This means as well in the input and output of that area
wich says "PORT". I've tried it in many ways; open up the Synth than AP, otherway around, Reboot the Ipad
and what not. In the end it was only submitting MIDI if I would choose the App on the PORT section.

It records and plays MIDI nice this way.

I contacted the Developer of this specific App and the funny thing is that he sended me back to you.

With regards and I love AP!

Bennie Tonini "Blind"
Last edited by BennieTonini on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:27 pm

I'm not exactly sure I follow - can you send a picture?

Rim

TedBPhx
Expert

Post by TedBPhx » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:33 pm

I inserted Magellan into an Auria Pro midi track as an IAA inst. I used the instrument slot on the track from the mixer panel to load Magellan. Created some midi notes loop play, no sound. Went to Magellan, prefs, and selected Auria as the midi source and set the channel to 1. Works! I should not have had to touch Magellan's midi configuration but I did.

BennieTonini
Expert

Post by BennieTonini » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:47 pm

I will send you some pictures if you can tell me where to send to?
I'm a new kid on the block and still having some issues with this Ipad stuff and I cant send you my screendumps on the board because they are to big.

With regards,

BT

BennieTonini
Expert

Post by BennieTonini » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:28 pm

image.jpeg
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg