New member - music of speech

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Voicey

New member - music of speech

Post by Voicey » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:16 am

Hi everybody :-) Particular thanks to Rim for his brilliant work.

Let me introduce myself.

I'm working on the musical (rhythm, melody...) aspects of natural speech for foreign language learners. Grammar means structure, and musical pathways of the brain are used in dealing with structuring language. "Academic" grammar is not appropriate for live recognition and performance :twisted:

So, I'm creating a language learning tool based on this approach.

I've decided to use Auria Pro as the central app for recording daily song-like phrases etc plus instrumental tracks, right through to mastering. Although I aim to learn how to use all the parts of Auria Pro, I'm concentrating on those parts that seem immediately useful. The user manual is mainly very clear (thankyou), but the non-Rim élastique part is not :? so when I get really stuck I'll be grateful for members' help :-)

The scratch tracks are vocal as phrase rhythm isn't uniform! This means difficult fun! So, producing a new mini-song every weekday means basic creation has to take priority over sound engineering.

I'll post a few beta mini-songs for criticism when ready. Please don't be afraid of hurting my ego ;-) Later, I'll try to help you too, if I can.

(I get backache when sitting at a desk, so most of the time I prefer using just the ipad and phones with my legs up)
iPad Air 2; iTrack dock; Røde NT2 (original) + old Zoom Q3; Launchkey 49; Dynaudio BM6A monitors and Beyerdynamic DT 250 phones; warm house + cold acoustically wonderful barn. Auria Pro, VocaLive, Loopy, Impaktor, iProphet, Borderlands, Midimorphosis, etc

Cpu Red
Expert

Re: New member - music of speech

Post by Cpu Red » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:23 pm

Have a look through this website. http://www.zplane.de/index.php?page=des ... -elastique you time stretch the same way as normal but pick which elastique version you want.

Voicey

Re: New member - music of speech

Post by Voicey » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:26 pm

Thanks a lot. Soloist is the option I'll potter with and see what it can do :-)
iPad Air 2; iTrack dock; Røde NT2 (original) + old Zoom Q3; Launchkey 49; Dynaudio BM6A monitors and Beyerdynamic DT 250 phones; warm house + cold acoustically wonderful barn. Auria Pro, VocaLive, Loopy, Impaktor, iProphet, Borderlands, Midimorphosis, etc