Trouble using Casio privia px130and Auria pro

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Jay75

Trouble using Casio privia px130and Auria pro

Post by Jay75 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:45 pm

Hey all, this is my first go with Auria pro. Love it but running into a problem when using it with my Casio privia px130. I have the Apple Camara connection kit, plug it into the iPad, switch the Casio to USB mode, but I cannot get Auria to recognize the Casio as a USB device. Auria only accesses the iPad's internal mic. I cannot use the Casio as a controller for all of the midi sounds inside Lyra etc. I'm hoping this is an easy fix for a rookie. Can anybody explain what I am doing wrong? Thanks a million!

Washboy
Expert

Re: Trouble using Casio privia px130and Auria pro

Post by Washboy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:54 pm

I don't think the Casio privia px130 is class-compliant as a USB audio device - only as a MIDI device. So you can use it to control/play iOS synth apps, etc. but you can't record the sounds of your piano via USB.

Also, check 'Menu -> Settings -> MIDI (Tab)' and confirm that your Casio shows as a device there as a Core MIDI Input and make sure that 'Receive Notes' is highlighted for your Casio.

EDIT: Lastly, I think you'll need to RecEnable the track (i.e. the one with instrument you're trying to control (Lyra)) in order to 'hear' it when you play your Casio :wink:

Jay75

Post by Jay75 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:08 pm

Washboy, thank you so much for the reply! Checking in with the midi receive notes was a huge help. I appreciate your time and input! :D

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:18 pm

You're very welcome. Glad I could help :D