Sample Tank worth it?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Steve Schiavi

Sample Tank worth it?

Post by Steve Schiavi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:00 pm

I went to the app store on my iPad and looked up sample tank. The reviews are pretty ugly, so I was wanting to get some idea from users if it's worth using. Apparently I was supposed to get it free with my iRig Pro keyboard - but they don't tell you how :(
So anyone want to share your experience?

mtingle
Expert

Re: Sample Tank worth it?

Post by mtingle » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:49 pm

I use it all the time. With a few expansion packs it becomes really good.

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:51 pm

I have to say the orchestral sounds are pretty impressive as part of the expansion pack.

Cpu Red
Expert

Post by Cpu Red » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Korg module is way better and on sale for a few more days.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:24 pm

Cpu Red wrote:Korg module is way better and on sale for a few more days.
It only seems to do piano and organ type sounds. Sample tank is comprehensive.

Cpu Red
Expert

Post by Cpu Red » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:49 pm

It has brass, string, synth stabs and pads as well as piano, organ and electric piano. The quality impresses me. Also there are tons of free soundfont packs for other sounds to use in lyra.

Reid

Post by Reid » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:05 am

I think it is worth it. The SampleTank sounds in their computer versions have always been highly regarded, and they are the same here. You can also add a Sonik Synth Collection (300 sounds), a SampleMoog collection, and the Miroslav Philharmonik, if you do classical. These all normally cost $20, but in the current sale they are $10. Finally,there are additional sounds that can only be gotten free when you register your IK product. There is a hip-hop collection of sounds called The Grid that used to be $10 but I think it comes with the app now. If not, they definitely come free when you register any IK interface.

Finally, if you want to do patterns, it comes with a ton of Midi patterns that can be attached to all of its instruments and all its drum kits. These can easily be layered into four parts and saved. For example, a pattern could be drums, bass, piano, synth...

One feature I like is that with each drum pattern there are 6 secondary patterns (with things like rolls) that can be accessed by pushing the piano keys around C0.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:54 am

definitely worth it, I dont think they give you the full version for free with Irig keys, at least not for me, I think they mean you can download the free version, but the full version is worth it, and so are the all sounds pack, I bought that and the Sonik Synth pack, to make a long story short, no regrets over here.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:09 pm

I got a ton of itunes gift cards from Santa :D so I sprung for a bunch of apps Ive been drooling over .... Auria Pro and Sample Tank full vers. I think its worth it. Not sure about some of the add on library sounds yet. Auria Pro is ultimate in my opinion! Hard work by the developers paid off !