On Screen Floating Midi Keyboard ?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

pipo79
Expert

Post by pipo79 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:19 pm

great work folks - did the upgrade yesterday .... but

where is a

when i create a midi track and turn all "inhouse instruments" off - to trigger some 3rd party synth via midi - i cant play that synth from auria - cubasis can - beatmaker can - I found out that i can hit the piano keys inside the roll editor and it works ( not polyphonic but I hear my synth) - so i guess it's not such a big task to create some popping up keyboard loke inside the lyra ( i also tried turning down the volume in lyra and hoped to be able tomuse lyras keyboard to send midi outside auria but ...)

so please do me a big favour and make cubase useless in EVERY point by adding this little gadget ... btw pads also please.

thank you !

philipp

DavePDX
Expert

Re: On Screen Floating Midi Keyboard ?

Post by DavePDX » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:40 pm

There's already an onscreen keyboard (and drum pads) in Auria Pro. It's not really great, in my opinion, but usable for small parts. If you have a MIDI track set up, you can access it quickly from the edit window by pressing the "e" button below the keyboard icon. You also can access it by pressing the "e" button (next to the instrument popup) from the Channel strip window in either mixer or edit mode.

That said, I prefer to use something like Wiksnet Midi Studio, which offers a variety of full screen controllers (keyboards, drum pads etc...). Just set this app as the MIDI input to your Auria track(s) and you're good to go. It even has split keyboard and an arp built in. I'm sure there are many similar apps that you could use instead.
Last edited by DavePDX on Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Having an actual global keyboard in Auria is on my list, and will be added at some point.

Rim

pipo79
Expert

Post by pipo79 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Thank you for your replies !
I will try that external app but would really love to do it all inside auria :-)

Hey Rim - tell your crew they're awesome !

Kind regards

Philipp