iPad Pro support?!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ecstaticax

iPad Pro support?!

Post by ecstaticax » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:22 am

I would like to search for "iPad Pro" in this forum, but the two words are too short.
So I would like to ask directly to Rim if and when he plans to add support to iPad Pro.
Thanks in advance.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: iPad Pro support?!

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:32 am

Auria already works great on the iPad Pro, but I think what you're asking is if I plan to add new graphics to take advantage of the extra resolution? Yes, this is on my list, but there are many critical fixes which are still taking priority. It's a pretty big undertaking...

Rim

ecstaticax

Post by ecstaticax » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:37 am

Thanks for replying. That's exactly what I meant: iPad Pro has a huge display and it's a pity to have the same screen space you would have with an iPad Mini. There's also a trivial problem: the keyboard is HUGE if the app is not optimized for iPad Pro, but, as a developer (I develop fitness app, so totally different subjects), I think you could simply recompile it with iPad Pro support and nothing else.
Another question: would it be possible to have split screen display or to do it you need to make the app Universal?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:26 am

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Much of Auria's GUI uses custom controls for maximum efficiency, and so would all need to be rewritten to accommodate the larger screen size. However, in my testing, the only screen that really needs to be changed is the mixer. The editor works well right now, since it's size is dynamically adjustable by the very nature that you can zoom in or our on the tracks to make them adjust to your liking. Only minor areas of the editor would need to be changed, like the icon bar, menus etc. In any case, it's on my list, and I'll be getting to it as soon as I can.

Rim