Restore after "Save Project to Other App"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mdarby
Expert

Restore after "Save Project to Other App"

Post by mdarby » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:08 pm

Hello,

I use an Apotop Wi-Reader device to connect my iPad to an external USB / SD card wirelessly. I think it is similar to the SanDisk iXpand device you reference in your manual.

I am able to save a zipped version of the current Auria project to this device. It shows up in the device as a .zip file of the current project. However I am unable to bring the file back in. The Wi-Reader app offers an export option, which brings up about 20 apps to receive the .zip file, but Auria is not one of them.

Is there another way to do this? How would it work with the iXpand device? Is Auria registered for Open In... for .zip files?

Best,
Michael

P.S. I love the new Transient / Warp features! However, the automatic detection misses enough transients that going through an manually adding a few is often required. Would this be a good candidate for a dedicated button on the tool bar? I know it is currently full, but maybe one more button which, when long pressed, opened up the next most frequently used functions?

richardyot
Expert

Re: Restore after "Save Project to Other App"

Post by richardyot » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Yes, I would also love an "Add Transient Marker" button.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:05 pm

@mdarby,

This is a bug in the current version, and is fixed in 2.01, which should be released next week.

Rim

mdarby
Expert

Post by mdarby » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:31 pm

Thank you, Rim.

chris30506

Post by chris30506 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:29 pm

Rim,
Even with the update, I don't see a difference with transient creations. I love the feature but I'm having to add almost all the transients myself. It works OK for tracks of single drums (kick, snare, etc.) but for bass, guitar, or anything where the notes aren't completely separated, very few transients are created. I've tried auto transient creation and manual turning the 2 knobs in all sorts of different combinations but no luck. Am I missing something?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Not all instruments are compatible with transient detection algorithms. You'll have the best luck with using it on drums or other very sharp percussive-sounding instruments. And mixed audio will also yield poor results, as there needs to be a clear audible transient with little background noise for the algorithm to accurately detect the transient. At some point, I'll add additional algorithms which are better at softer attack instruments (but worse at sharp attacks). It's always a tradeoff, but I started off with a general purpose algorithm which works for drums, which most people use warping for.

Rim

chris30506

Post by chris30506 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Thanks Rim!
I use the elastic time feature a lot in Pro Tools and have come to rely on it way too much. My timing has gotten so bad from lack of practice that warping is my most often used feature. Sad but true. Anyway, Auria is great even if I have to add the transients myself. An add transient button on the main page would be great if you get around to it. I'm really loving Auria Pro. You've done a great job! Thank You!

King
Expert

Post by King » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Glad it's not just me.

Sometimes I get 2 or 3 transient markers,(where there should be at least 8-16) sometimes none at all. (Was waiting for the next update to see what happens).

In another thread I mentioned this briefly Rim, but I didn't get chance to elaborate.

I suggested having some way of adding a pre determined amount of markers (4-8-16 etc..) aside from the normal way APro finds transients. This could be on the "Create Transients" pop up, (type amount) and could just be auto-quantized to the current grid.

Save a lot of back n forth through the menus, and gaurantees X amount of makers, which can then be adjusted to taste.

Cheers!
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________