Auria 2.0 audio paste crash

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

H4lfdevil

Auria 2.0 audio paste crash

Post by H4lfdevil » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:38 am

Hi rim

I know you are super busy right now, and I know iPad 2 is mega outdated now, but since updating to 2.0 I can't use audio paste at all. I am using iOS 9, all my apps are up to date. Never had an issue before the upgrade and I use auria all the time.

Thanks, in advance for your time.

Steph

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria 2.0 audio paste crash

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:06 am

No problem, glad to help. Have you updated the Audiopaste app to the latest version? I have also read that you need to enable notifications:

http://blog.retronyms.com/2015/09/audio ... e-now.html

Rim

H4lfdevil

Post by H4lfdevil » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:51 am

Hi rim

Thanks for the reply.

That didn't work, but on playing around after the update, I worked out what it was.

The issue only regarded projects previous to the update. New projects worked fine. I was able to copy the old project to a new one so no nothing was lost.

Thought I'd share incase it was useful to you

Stephen

DarcyNader

Post by DarcyNader » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:03 am

Hi Rim, I am having the same problem as above since Auria got a new look recently. I have iPad 4 with ios9, and have enabled notifications in Audiocopy.
If for example I copy a loop in Figure using the Audiocopy button, when I open Auria and select a track and click paste it opens a small pop up window from Audiocopy with a list of apps. The Figure app will have a 1 next to it. If I click this it shows the loop in the pop up window but there's no option to paste it only to play it within the pop up.
Also I have tried importing the same loop via Dropbox, auria will open a new track with the loops file name and acts as if it's imported but I can't see it or play it in the track window.
I have also tried as suggested importing into a new project without success. And have closed every thing rebooted iPad and gone thru above procedure again. Have also tried this via the Audioshare app which just reroutes you through Audiocopy.
The only thing I haven't tried is deleting the app and reinstalling from the App Store but am afraid of losing stuff that I've done already.
Any ideas???

Thanks a lot
Sam.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:21 am

There's an incompatibility between the AudioCopy app and Auria currently. To solve this, you simply need to delete the AudioCopy app itself.

However, there should be no issues with Dropbox or AudioShare. Both of these apps work great with Auria. To use AudioShare, go into Auria, tap on the Edit menu, then choose Share, and tap "Import From AudioShare". This opens up AudioShare, where you can choose the audio clip you want to import.

Remember to tap on the correct track header, and position your cursor to the position you want the clip to be imported beforehand.

Rim

DarcyNader

Post by DarcyNader » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:43 am

Hi Rim

Thanks for pointing those out. Audioshare and Dropbox still not importing even though a pop up says it is importing, no loops appear in the editor! Is it possible that somehow my copy of auria has become corrupted?
Also I just noticed that the cpu monitor doesn't show in the editor window but shows in the mixer window, should it show in both if switched on?
Cheers,

Sam.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:56 am

Sam,

It's unlikely your copy of Auria is corrupted. Projects themselves can get corrupted, but not an app.

Let's take this one step at a time, to make sure you're doing it correctly:

1. Create a new project, 0 tracks.
2. Tap on Menu, then Import File
3. Tap on the DropBox tab
4. Find a WAV file you want to import. NOTE: it must be either WAV, AIF MP3, or M4A
5. Press OK at the top right corner

Now tap on the editor icon. You should see your audio file there.

For AudioShare:
1. Go to the editor screen in Auria
2. Tap on the track header for track 1. This is important, otherwise AudioShare won't know which track to paste into. The track header is located at the left of all the tracks. Tap on the name of the track, and you should see the track header turn blue.
3. Place the cursor where you want to start pasting.
4. Tap Edit, then Share, then Import From AudioShare
5. The AudioShare app will come up. Choose your audio file and tap the large "import Into App" button on the right

You should now see your WAV file imported into your editor at the exact location as your cursor (and at the track you chose).

The CPU meter has always only been available in the mixer screen.

Rim

DarcyNader

Post by DarcyNader » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:17 pm

Sorry about this, but that's exactly what I've been doing. Just tried both methods again and still no loop appears in editor. When I import, the file is saved on a local file in the import window and when I click OK it opens a new track with the name of the WAV file but no loop appears by the cursor, or anywhere else!
I'll export the things I want to save and delete and reload the app. See if that does anything.
Are there any in app or iPad settings I may have forgotten to enable?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:42 pm

Sounds like there might be something wrong with the WAV file you're truing to import. Where are you getting this file?

RIm

DarcyNader

Post by DarcyNader » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:21 pm

OK, the WAV files that are not pasting are from the app Figure. Have just successfully pasted/imported various files from other sources, my music library, animoog and iMini so, that's good to know. It's not Auria it's Figure!
Sorry for all the bother. Figure uses Audiocopy to export between apps so if Auria is currently having an issue with Audiocopy then that's the problem.
Thanks a lot,

Sam.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:39 pm

A lot of apps write bad WAV files with incorrect headers, so that makes sense. Glad you figured it out.

Rim

giomakyo
Expert

Post by giomakyo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:55 am

Just saw this thread:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13604

I was also using a file created in Figure... And very similar problem.
But if the problem is Figure and/or Audiocopy, why do the same files open fine in Audioshare, Gadget, Loopy etc.?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:28 am

Some apps write "workarounds" in their WAV importers to deal with poorly created WAV files. I choose not to do that, because it can result in the wrong assumptions being taken and cause noise/blown speakers, etc Auria's WAV importer is strictly on spec, so if there's a particular app that keeps creating bad WAV files, I would suggest asking their developers to fix the issue...

Rim

anunseenruler

Post by anunseenruler » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:00 pm

Thanks. I've been having the same issue. I'll report it to Propellerhead and link to the forum.