ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

pcarroll

Re: ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

Post by pcarroll » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:25 pm

Never owned LE. Settings page confirms version 2.0.0

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:35 pm

OK, good, we can rule that out. Can you try creating a new project, and see if the problem happens there, too? Or does it only occur in your one project?

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:37 pm

And this is Auria, not Auria Pro?

Rim

pcarroll

Post by pcarroll » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Correct.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:46 pm

Just checking if you saw my previous question.

RIm

pcarroll

Post by pcarroll » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Sorry missed that question.

Yeah, after further review, it appears it just that project. Opened a new one and imported a bunch of stuff without issue.

I suspect it's an issue with Beatmaker gobbling up space for some reason. I'll have to monkey with it.

Was also a bit concerned that with the update, that an iPad Gen 4 might have troubles...

pcarroll

Post by pcarroll » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:13 pm

Thanks for the help

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:13 pm

Sure, glad to help.

Rim

pcarroll

Post by pcarroll » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:35 pm

One other issue: Record sync with Beatmaker via Audiobus

Attempting to record Beatmaker 2 in Auria 2.0 via Audiobus and having trouble getting Beatmaker to playback start when hitting Play & Record in Auria. Pressing the Beatmaker 'Play' on the Audiobus remote often does not work either. When it does, there is a lag and the track doesn't sync up.

Prior to the Auria update from 1.5.5 to 2.0, this was not an issue, functionality was fine. It would sync perfectly somehow. At that time, pressing Play & Record in Auria caused Beatmaker to playback. Since the update, nothing.

Am I missing something here or is this an issue with Audiobus or Beatmaker? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Nothing related to syncing should have changed between the two versions... Syncing two apps is not always easy. There are several ways to do it, and not all apps are compatible with all the methods. Typically, you would go into Auria's settings page, and on the MIDI tab, make sure you choose Send Clock for Beatmaker. Then, make sure Send MIDI Start and Stop is enabled below. Then in Beatmaker, you need to make sure it's set to receive MIDI clock form Auria in its settings page.

Rim

pcarroll

Post by pcarroll » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:42 pm

That appears to have cleared up the issue, thanks. Wasn't aware that IAA was using MIDI. Must've missed that part of the manual. Thanks for clarifying that.

Jakersjaw

get rid of the guitar from my vocal track?

Post by Jakersjaw » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi, I wonder if this is possible. I have a scarlet 2i2 interface. I record a song into Auria with a mic in input 1 for vocals and a semi acoustic guitar in input 2. Now the guitar track is great but the vocal track has all so picked up the guitar.

Is there any way of "filtering" the guitar out of the vocal track? Maybe some phasing?

I'm fairly new to recording so I don't know if it's possible at all.

Jamin

Post by Jamin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:12 pm

So my interest in songwriting is to build songs piece by piece or note by note. Almost like writing sheet music but with samples of different sounds and drums etc. Not really into the press record then play along type of thing. Having difficulty figuring out the best way to approach this in Auria Pro. I'm just getting started (like less than a week) and have been through the user guide several times. Been recording samples of single notes, sounds and drums and cut and pasting them but seems very labor intensive. Could you point me to any resources that would help me learn this and help me learn more in general about what Auria Pro is and is not capable of doing.

Update: Made significant progress today in learning to use the piano roll editor. Was having trouble 'cause both drum apps I bought (Patterning and Attack Drums) don't work with the piano roll editor. Also absorbing more of the terminology everytime I go look something up in the manual. This mornings post seems pointless now but I'm sure I will have more relevant questions as time goes on.

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:11 pm

I'm looking for a good quality guitar synth plug (if one exists). Anyone know of?

BennieTonini
Expert

Post by BennieTonini » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:09 pm

I'm having a blast with AP and love it for all it can do.

But it seems to lack a proper way of GAIN staging! Yes I know there is a little red button on the track
where you can adjust the record gain but it seems not to work in a lot of ways. Only on the internal mic.
And maybe external sound cards? And it is only for 1 track at a time!

Yes I know there is a gain in the sequencer view by pulling down a handle.
And you can adjust the gain into the "process" tab in sequencer view.

The only way to reduce gain is to adjust the master level in a App; go back and forth and is a lot of doing stuff.
Please tell me there is a simple way I did overlook?!

With regards and I love the program,

BT