Sustain key on lyra

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

charlie49
Expert

Sustain key on lyra

Post by charlie49 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Hi rim

Not sure the sustain key on Lyra works properly, doesn't stay on after pressing ?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Sustain key on lyra

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:07 pm

It's a momentary switch, like a foot pedal. It's designed to operate that way, so you can use it while you play.

RIm

Benis67

Post by Benis67 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:59 am

In 2.01 there is still the "sustain Key OFF" bug on Lyra?? You can not play in real time with an external keyboard any sound with sustain pedal: It works only the Sustain Key ON and not the key off :o :shock: :o :shock: It is a very serious bug for a sampler :o

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:26 am

Yes, this is a serious bug and it has not been fixed yet. Hopefully in v2.02. I simply don't know how to fix it yet.

NOTE: The bug ONLY affects keyboards with aftertouch. If you have aftertouch, to avoid this problem, turn off aftertouch and the issue will not affect you.

Rim

arco
Expert

Post by arco » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:47 pm

Rim wrote: NOTE: The bug ONLY affects keyboards with aftertouch.
Rim, are you sure the it is related to aftertouch only? I have a Yamaha el piano (as far as I know it does not have aftertouch) and using Lyra with any of the piano sounds (I downloaded others from your Lyra samples) I have hanging notes all the time. Sometimes the Ped off must be working but seemingly randomly quite often it will not. I can use other midi apps and they are working with no problems.
I have not had time to do more tests on this (analysing the midi stream etc.) but you might want to run some other checks when you fix the other. I only had the 1 midi track running just to play around with Lyra so it will not be processor etc. It was with Auria updated to Pro.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:28 am

I've played Lyra with the included piano and the downloadable pianos for hundreds of hours, and have never experienced any hanging notes, so I'm quite confident there isn't an issue. However, if there's any aftertouch in the midi stream, Lyra will cause hanging notes almost immediately. Many keyboards have aftertouch, so I would double check that yours doesn't. In any case, this has been fixed in 2.02 (submitted to Apple this week).

One way to see if you have aftertouch is to record it in Auria, then open the piano roll, and use the drop-down box to check if there's any aftertouch data.

Rim

arco
Expert

Post by arco » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:14 am

Rim, I do not get any aftertouch being recorded, only sustain pedals and notes. I'll wait for v2.02 just to be sure, otherwise there's a problem somewhere.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:37 am

If you have any project that causes this to happen, please send it to me! It could be an obscure new bug I haven't seen and I would love to see that project. Please send it to: rim@drumagog.com

Rim

arco
Expert

Post by arco » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:00 pm

I have sent you a project midi file for checking the problem.
v2.02

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks. I replied back to your e-mail. It seems you're using an expression pedal or a volume-type pedal for your sustain. This might be causing issues because it needs either an on or off signal to work correctly. What kind of pedal are you using?

Rim

arco
Expert

Post by arco » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:44 pm

For anyone following the latter part of this thread, we have found the cause. The Yamaha FC3 footpedal does half pedalling. Here's a link with some more information:
https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=102
so it will affect a few Yamaha keyboard or electric piano users.

Rim has put it on a fix list.