PSP Chanel Strip Bypass

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

wmwm

PSP Chanel Strip Bypass

Post by wmwm » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:50 am

First off, thanks for the update, Auria was the second app I purchased when I bought an Ipad2 upon its release (Animoog caught my eye first). I do appreciate you dragging us "legacy" users along for the ride

Concerning Auria 2.0, I do not see a bypass on the chanel strip any longer and when any preset of it is selected it seems there is no way to deactivate it (FX stays lit yellow). This maybe the intended functionality but was wondering if you could provide a way of deactivating it.

Resource management has always been paramount for my workflow on these devices, beening able to quickly tell if somthing is using up those valuable giblets by way of the yellow FX button is a time saver.

Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: PSP Chanel Strip Bypass

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:05 am

The Master bypass on channelstrips was removed due to a lot of confusion among users. We were flooded with support issues from customers because they weren't aware you had to press two buttons to enable a channelstrip - the master bypass AND the EQ button (or CMP or EXP). So we greatly simplified the process by eliminating the master bypass. Now to use the channelstrip, it's as easy as pressing one button (either EQ, CMP or EXP).

The yellow FX button still lights up when the any part of the channelstrip is active, so you still have an indication whether anything is active in the strip.

Rim

83SanDimas

Re: PSP Chanel Strip Bypass

Post by 83SanDimas » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:40 pm

I was looking for the same thing. I created a preset called "Off", it quickly allows me to hear the track natural and then go back to another preset. The yellow light is off when I use it.