Auria Pro crashes all the time

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Jrsanta

Auria Pro crashes all the time

Post by Jrsanta » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:56 pm

Auria Pro crashes everytime I try to paste some audio from Audiocopy to an empty audio track or if i try to bounce a midi track too. It is very unstable right now for me, almost unusable :( I keep sending the crash reports.
I wanted and waited a lot for this update and now im disappointed.
iPad Air 128 with 5 gb free space, running on iOS 8.1.2.
I would appreciate any help. Sorry for my bad english, it isnt my first language.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria Pro crashes all the time

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:55 pm

AudioCopy / Paste only works with Audio tracks. If you're trying to paste audio into a MIDI track, AudioCopy will crash, so I suggest not doing that. Auria v2.01 (due out this week) will prevent you from making that mistake.

Rim

crouchie
Expert

Post by crouchie » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:11 pm

Same problem pasting a loop from Audiocopy onto an audio track, crashed every time. Pro really really temperamental tonight, crashed bouncing a track in place just like above (only app open, just rebooted, empty project with 2 audio tracks, iPad pro). Still love it though ;-)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:17 pm

For audio Copy / Paste, the best solution is to delete the Audio Copy app. When you do this, Auria will use the general pasteboard instead of the AudioCopy app.

Keep in mind this is a .00 release, so there are some outstanding issues. Everything mentioned here has been fixed in 2.01, which is due out this week.

Rim

Jrsanta

Post by Jrsanta » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Thanks for your support, Rim, im glad those issues will be fixed soon.
Keep the great work! :)

crouchie
Expert

Post by crouchie » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:45 pm

Thanks Rim, appreciate that and like I say I'm still loving it!

crouchie
Expert

Post by crouchie » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Can import loops fine if you open Audiocopy, open loop, then choose 'Open in' option, then Import file

Mythmongrel
Expert

Post by Mythmongrel » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:05 pm

I'm kinda in panic. I've been avoiding deleting the app and reloading backed up projects. Today I went to add a new part to a project; I added a new mono audio track and when I tried to record enable Auria crashed. I then opened a test file which I created since upgrading to pro and added a mono audio track and it record enables no prob. I've checked several different projects that I've created over the last couple years. And they all crash when I try to record enable an audio track. I then restored 2 older projects from a backup, one crashes on open, the other open and plays but crashes when I try to record enable. I've got 9 songs on this album I've been working on for 2 years. They are backed up but I don't know if the backups will load and play since I just had one backup fail to load. I suspect I need to delete the app and restore my projects. But I feel pretty stuck. Another thing is I've not used snapshots ever; I don't know why it just never seemed important. I feel like an idiot for upgrading, but what's done is done. What should I do?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:14 pm

First of all, the good thing is Auria automatically creates snapshots for you every 10 minutes, so it's not something you need to remember to do.

Are you using Auria 2.0? If so, I just submitted an update (2.01 which fixes an issue similar to what you're describing (crashing when record enabled). It'll hopefully be approved this week.

Rim

Mythmongrel
Expert

Post by Mythmongrel » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Rim wrote:First of all, the good thing is Auria automatically creates snapshots for you every 10 minutes, so it's not something you need to remember to do.

Are you using Auria 2.0? If so, I just submitted an update (2.01 which fixes an issue similar to what you're describing (crashing when record enabled). It'll hopefully be approved this week.

Rim
Phew! Ok I'll cool my jets and wait. I'm on Auria with the IAP to Auria Pro. On iPad Air 1/128 iOS 9.1

Mythmongrel
Expert

Post by Mythmongrel » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:00 pm

So wait, is there a fix for Pro coming also?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:13 pm

I submitted an update to all Auria versions (2.01)

Rim

Mythmongrel
Expert

Post by Mythmongrel » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:18 pm

Thanks.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:34 pm

And I'll bet my week's worth of empties, there'll be a few more updates still. :D

Getting tired Rim? As my youngest used to say, you must be ex-y-zhausted.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:57 pm

I take it all in stride ;) I've been waiting for this week for the last couple of years.

Rim