ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

supanorton
Expert

Re: ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

Post by supanorton » Tue May 05, 2015 11:49 pm

Gary wrote:I'm looking for a good quality convincing piano app to use in Auria. I downloaded a couple of free apps but they don't cut it on the authenticity side of piano sound (as far as I can tell). I was thinking of Korg Module ... anyone have any experience using this in Auria? Is it compatible? Any other apps out there anyone is using? Thx.
iGrand by IK Mulimedia sounds real good to me. I'm not much of a piano player, though. Here's a great video comparing some of the top piano apps.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY7gnvGhEh4&t=24

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Wed May 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Thanks supanorton. I ended up getting Module and so far its incredible, (happy to say).

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Mon May 11, 2015 2:42 pm

CMP Piano sounds pretty realistic. (I use iGrand Piano as well.) Unfortunately, CMP is likely never to be Audiobus compatible, since it was created by the same Dev who developed JACK (AB's competitor technology). OTOH, it does work in Auria via IAA.

superhunter2
Expert

Post by superhunter2 » Thu May 14, 2015 6:52 am

1. I use pro-q eq. I however wish to also the the stock compressor on the strip. However, it goes compression in the strip -> eq but i would like it to go eq -> compression. Is there any way of doing that? :/

2. Also, if I'm doing automation on a track, and I want to bring the volume between two points evenly down without having to make four value points, how can I do that? So I'm at -12db and I want to go down to -16db for 5 secs and then bring it back to -12db...
Thanks

Sprouticus85

Post by Sprouticus85 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:48 am

Does auria work well with iPad 2 32GB WIFI only?

ajmack302
Expert

Post by ajmack302 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:16 am

Sprouticus85 wrote:Does auria work well with iPad 2 32GB WIFI only?
Hi there, I use Auria with iPad2 32gb. It works very well but there are limitations compared to newer models with more storage. Auria is quite a large app and once you start building projects and adding plugins and files storage space gets used up pretty quick. I've become pretty disciplined in moving less important projects from my iPad to my computer (using iFunbox).
Then there is CPU usage to get used to, if you try and do too much it will cause some issues. I find this easily dealt with by freezing tracks or using mixdowns.
I would definitely recommend Auria, or you could hold out for Auria Pro.
Here's a link to my SoundCloud -
https://soundcloud.com/wepaintedmonsters
All the tracks were recorded, edited and mixed with Auria on iPad2 32gb.
Hope this helps.
Aaron

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:34 pm

Regarding plug ins ... I cant seem to find anything on Fabfliters site about possible upgrades for IOS ( say Pro Q to Pro Q 2 ). I'm pretty dumb on plugs s as it turns out ... Just wondering if I should hold out for potential updates and continue to get by with the included Auria suit of plugs. Thanks

iPad Air 2, numerous instrument plug ins, Focusrite, Rode NT, Shure, amps, guitars ...

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:48 pm

NEW ? Does anyone know how I can import a Superior Drummer midi file into Auria so I can play it back with Drumperfect? Here are the probs I see so far:

No export of SD midi file to iTunes folder? (Pro Tools)
No way to import into DP? (Depends on above success?)
No midi data import currently available for Auria? But ... Hopefully in Auria Pro :D

Anyone know the answers to the above? Esp. First one... Thanks

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Gary wrote:NEW ? Does anyone know how I can import a Superior Drummer midi file into Auria so I can play it back with Drumperfect? Here are the probs I see so far:

No export of SD midi file to iTunes folder? (Pro Tools)
No way to import into DP? (Depends on above success?)
No midi data import currently available for Auria? But ... Hopefully in Auria Pro :D

Anyone know the answers to the above? Esp. First one... Thanks
You can't import midi into Auria currently. Auria Pro will support midi though.
You can try to sync with Superior drummer though.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

charlie49
Expert

audio to midi

Post by charlie49 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:12 am

Hi everyone

The new midi pro has a facility to create midi from audio as I understand it. Can someone give a brief explanation of how to do this. I have looked in the manual but I am still none the wiser

Cheers

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:19 am

Hi Charlie,

Auria Pro has audio transient to MIDI, not audio to MIDI. When you import any audio into Auria, it automatically scans the audio for all of its transients and marks them for you. When you press the TRN button on the track, you can see where these transients are located. At that point, if you want to, you can have Auria take this transient information and paste it as a MIDI region. So the result is a MIDI region that has notes in all the locations that the transients are found. It's useful for converting an audio drum track into MIDI for example.

Rim

charlie49
Expert

Post by charlie49 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:45 am

Thanks rim that sounds easy enough, so I can import one of my audio tracks from the old app and then paste it as midi.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:50 am

As long as it's drums, or something else rhythmical. This feature doesn't detect pitch, in other words.

Rim

pcarroll

Post by pcarroll » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:02 pm

New question. Couldn't find anything similar in forums:
Recording using Auria 2.0 (had previous version 1.5.5) on 64 gig (44.8 avail) iPad 4th generation running iOS 9 & Focusrite iTrack dock. Project is 16 Tracks @ 44.1k. Recording individual tracks. Auria only allowing recording of 7 tracks. When attempting to record any audio past Track 7, I get signal at iTrack input and Auria input matrix for the track, but nothing at the track (fader) itself. Nothing at Mains. Record is armed. This occurs whether I record directly or use Audiobus. When I hit Play and Record, it functions as normal, but still no signal at the track and nothing gets recorded. Also, when attempting to import audio from Dropbox, cannot assign to any track past #7. However, if I delete any of tracks 1-7, I can record on 8.

Tracks 1-5 are drums (kick, hat, snare, etc.) imported from Beatmaker. Cropped any unused portions.

Only have one project in Auria. All other apps closed. All EFX are off. Display reads CPU 5-6%, Disk 0%. Do not get any Low Memory warnings.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:12 pm

Do you own Auria LE? This sounds like a limitation that exists in Auria LE (only 8 tracks of record possible). Or did you perhaps originally own LE, and upgrade at some point? If you look in the settings page it will show your version at the bottom right.

Rim