Plug ins not returning

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

charlie49
Expert

Plug ins not returning

Post by charlie49 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:38 am

Hi rim

Although I read a thread saying my already bought plugins will be able to be used in Auria pro, I cannot get them to come back, I have upgraded to Auria pro and tried to restore them but no joy. I have Pro Q MB and Saturn as well as some loops, can you help?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Plug ins not returning

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:13 am

Did you do an upgrade from Auria to Auria Pro, or did you upgrade from Auria LE to Auria to Pro? Or did you purchase Pro separately and now have two apps?

Rim

charlie49
Expert

Post by charlie49 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:30 am

Hello Rim

I paid the upgrade fee and upgraded from my existing full Auria app but I have also been able to download the new Auria pro app so I have both of these. The older Auria looks like the pro version but the 2 synths have no content in the drop down box.
I do not want to wipe off my old Auria as all my compositions are on there so now I have an impasse I have 2 versions on my iPad Air 64 gab one has all my old purchased plugins such as pro MB but no new synths and the other version, Auria pro has the 2 synths and no purchased plugins

Hope I have explained it properly

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:42 am

OK, makes sense. The issue with not seeing the synths is a bug, and the only way to fix it is to delete Auria and reinstall it. Backing up your projects is an easy thing to do if you have a computer. You just copy your projects to your computer, then delete, then copy them back when you're done. If you haven't done this before, I can walk you through it. It's a very simple process.

Or, alternatively, you can transfer your Auria purchases into Auria Pro. To do this, you open Auria Pro, go into the settings page and press the button that says "Transfer Purchases from Auria".

Rim

charlie49
Expert

Post by charlie49 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:08 am

Hi Rim

I have just received a couple of invoices from Apple telling me I have bought both the upgrade for £29.99 and the Auria pro for £39.99. There is no way I did that so I have cancelled the Auria pro!

I can do what you said and save my compositions, but there are a lot of them but such is life.

I also have them backed up in iCloud so will they automatically be reloaded after I delete and reload my original Auria? Or will I have to follow your suggestion to off load them all to iTunes then reload them?

Sorry to be a nuisance, your app is great by the way and a credit to you and your team.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:23 am

OK, I was confused because you said you had the original Auria, then you upgraded, but you were also able to download Auria Pro. I think I know what happened:

When you upgrade an app, Apple has no way of knowing you did that. As far as they know, you still own the original app. So when you went to the App Store, you probably tried to download Auria Pro (thinking you upgraded to that). But what you did is just purchase a new copy, because Apple doesn't know you upgraded to Auria Pro.

So for the future, just try and keep in mind that even though you upgraded to Pro, you still own the older version that's been upgraded to pro. Functionally it's the same as far as features and usability is concerned, but to Apple, it's still the original version.

If you have iCloud backing up all your apps, and you've made a recent one, you can delete Auria, and then restore it using iCloud. But I personally don't trust cloud backups 100%, so using an app like iFunBox on your PC/Mac to copy the projects manually is the most reliable way. Just install iFunBox on your Mac, find Auria, and copy any of the project folders you want to keep onto your computer. Then do the opposite when you're done.

Rim

Rim

Tigermt

Post by Tigermt » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:46 pm

I just installed the Pro version after having installed and upgraded the LE version and I am having similar issues with 4 plugins that clearly show Installed in the LE version, yet will not Restore properly in the Pro version, I have followed all previously posted suggestions to insure successful restores and most are restoring just fine but these 4 will not;
ClassicVerb Pro
FabFilter Pro-G
PSP MicroWarmer
PSP PianoVerb2
If anyone has any suggestions as to how to remedy this, I would appreciate the advice, as these 4 plugins were over $75 and it would be nice to have access to these.

Tigermt

Post by Tigermt » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:24 pm

On hold with Apple right now but a workaround solution appears hopefully to be Reporting a Problem with the Plugin app on the App Store and it looks like, within moments, I was credited the price of that plugin. I assume that I can now purchase that plugin new from within Auria Pro and all should be fine. I happen to have some plugins not restoring that are older than 90 days, and these are not refundable from their webpage, hence why I'm on the phone to remedy.