Who's running iOS 9.1?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Alim
Expert

Who's running iOS 9.1?

Post by Alim » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:41 pm

I'm thinking of updating my iPad but upon searching for posts here I was told it's too common to search for. I just updated my phone and it seems to run faster, but as we all know running audio apps is a different story. :o :lol:

theconnactic
Expert

Re: Who's running iOS 9.1?

Post by theconnactic » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:40 pm

I do. I am using Auria on an iPad Air paired with an Apogee One to record some bluesy songs for a singer's EP, besides a few instrumental tracks of my own. I use it with all the apps I need for the sounds I cannot record with real instruments, and use it in a daily basis without any issues, except AmpKit sometimes triggering a nasty bug in IAA mode: sometimes the project will randomly lose sound output until I remove AmpKit from the track where it's being used - but this bug happens since older versions of iOS, and I guess it is caused by AmpKit itself, not Auria.

All in all, unless you have apps that are known to not work reliably or at all with iOS 9.1, I don't see reasons to hold back. That's what you should research. The Audiobus forum is a good starting point.

All the best!

Alim
Expert

Post by Alim » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:11 am

Thanks theconnactic, I've also been having problems with app losing IAA connections in Cubase and Auria. I'm just worried about sluggish performance like in iOS 8. That was a full years worth of crashing and not enough ram, I'd sell my iPad before going through that again.

King
Expert

Post by King » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:54 am

As far as I am aware, Auria not running with Audiobus on 9 at the mo. If anyone has this working it would be nice to know.

Just hold out a short while I would suggest. But if you don't need to use Audiobus I don't think you'll have any probs.
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:05 am

I upgraded finally, and have not had any problems, but I have been on the beta, so don't know about the current version. I can't say I have gotten deeply into inter app setups, because my needs are pretty simple. iRig keys into Thumbjam into Auria is about as nuts as I get.