Error uploading to DropBox Account

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

harpman
Expert

Error uploading to DropBox Account

Post by harpman » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:49 pm

I've already read all the posts regarding this. There is no space limitation. I have the pro account with 100GB of storage. I'm able to upload to SoundCloud without issue and also upload to DropBox using an app other than Auria. So what is the issue with Auria?
Attachments
photo.PNG
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 257 times
Musically Yours,

Giovanni Stefani
Sound Engineer / Harmonica
Stefani Entertainment

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Error uploading to DropBox Account

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Dropbox has a limit on the maximum upload size (no matter what your account size is). That's most likely the issue with that message. Does it only happen on large files? Also, the DropBox upload system is not as robust in my opinion as others, so large uploads can be problematic if your internet connection is not solid.

Rim

harpman
Expert

Post by harpman » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Rim, I can understand that, but two issues:

1. The file I'm trying to upload is a 10 second wav file.
2. Why your app and no other app. If it was a DropBox limitation it would be happening no matter what app I'm using.
Musically Yours,

Giovanni Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

harpman
Expert

Post by harpman » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:34 pm

Rim,

FYI, I'm on the beta team for an iPad app called OnSong. In the early releases of this app, we had timeout issues with DropBox as well. Ended up being a coding issue with OnSong, had nothing to do with DropBox.
Musically Yours,

Giovanni Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

harpman
Expert

Post by harpman » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:38 pm

BTW, on the same iPad I have running Auria, I have OnSong and can backup a 10MB database file to Dropbox without a hiccup using the same Internet connection.
Musically Yours,

Giovanni Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:46 pm

All apps have this problem with DropBox. They have a maximum limit, and I think it's something like 100MB per file. Obviously in your case, that's not the issue if it's a 10 second file. Is it MP3, WAV, or AIF?

Rim

ajloring

Post by ajloring » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:41 am

I have a problem loading a WAV file to Dropbox. After starting it comes up with an Error message. I use Dropbox everyday and this is the first time I've had an Error message. Secondly, when I double tap the bottom mixer strip to assign a name to the strip it doesn't open the box to allow you to type in the new name. Thirdly, the matrix strip also doesn't allow you to assign a channel.

I'm most frustrated with this program having so many issues.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:05 pm

@AJloring
Things to try. Create a new project and try the input and output matrix to see if they work. Try the channel labeling too. You may just have a corrupted project and unfortunately this happens from time to time. On my iPad Air Auria is working fine. No problems with labeling tracks, no problems with the input/output matrix and I just recently took on a forum members very large project all done through Dropbox and Goigle Drive with no problems. Stating that Auria has many issues is not correct or my Auria would have these same problems. Check your project and do a few tests to see if it is your project but it's definately not Auria. Cheers.

ajloring

Post by ajloring » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:27 am

I have tried all the things you have mentioned several times. I have even deleted the App and reloaded it twice with the same result. It is very frustrating.
Anthony

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:01 pm

@ajloring: It might be helpful if you give some details of your setup, i.e. iPad model, iOS version (jailbroken or not?), Auria version. Also, what method are you using to "load a WAV file to Dropbox", what is the text of the error message (and how soon after initiating the load does it appear)?

Jareth21

Post by Jareth21 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Well...this would have been nice to know before hand. The Dropbox/cloud integration is basically a must for me.

Is there going to some way to use Google Drive, iCloud, SkyDrive?

Bassmec

Post by Bassmec » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:50 am

I have the same problem with Auria, I have mixed an audio soundtrack for a video 54 mins 36 seconds in 48k 16bit .aif and get the error message after mixdown, almost immediately uploading to Dropbox.
I have had this before a while back with an under five minute 24bit 44.1K.wav, but they have gone through fine recently.
I did a mixdown for a five min film the other day with 24bit.wav at 48K no problem.
I have tried making a new project and uploaded the mixdown .aif and tried to export the AAF to Dropbox still just get the Error uploading to Dropbox.
I am now going back to cut up the 54 mins file and try sending it in bits and edit it back together in protool's or maybe Final Cut Pro wish me luck.:-(

PS Righto! I chopped it up into smaller chunks and managed to transfer one bit at 312.8 MB of 48k 16bit .aif to Dropbox.
Auria gave the error notice but lo and behold the open reach hub coughed and flashed a couple of times (on my fantastic bt connect bussiness fibre broadband) after the message and transferred what appears to be the whole file to Dropbox.
PPS It's un jail broken IPad 3 64 all up to date software wise.

Dwayne
Expert

Post by Dwayne » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:12 pm

Especially if you have been deleting and re-installing Auria, you may need to authorise Dropbox. Go to Auria settings and tap the Dropbox logo.