c-minus: Shorter Days

For Auria users to share their creativity!

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

C-minus
Expert

c-minus: Shorter Days

Post by C-minus » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:31 pm

This ended up being a reflection on impending middle-age, and maybe the hope that your kids will turn out better than you did. Ironically, I wrote 90% of this in my twenties, when I knew even LESS of what I was talking about than I do now, if that's even possible. Mixed/mastered in Auria on an ipad Air 1. Thanks for listening!

https://soundcloud.com/c-minus-4/shorter-days
iPad Air 1, Scarlett 18i8, Behringer B-2 Pro/C-3, SM 57's(backup hammer)ISA One, KRK Rockit 5's, coffee.

JRSIV
Expert

Re: c-minus: Shorter Days

Post by JRSIV » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:28 pm

I commented on this songs SoundCloud page and tried to express how impressed I was with the production in Auria but equally the excellent songwriting. The melody and progression is so cool and the lyrics hit me hard as I was raised in the 80's and not getting younger. I can't believe the flight of time and the fleeting nature of life sometimes and C's song captured that mood perfectly.

I just wanted to bump this tune as I still several weeks after first listening will find myself hearing the melody in my head, "What's that?" and boom the song is in my head. I want C to know that the work he is doing is really good and there are people listening. I know it motivates me when someone gives me feedback, good or bad.

His case and so many others here in the iOS community is the classic fact that some of the most talented musicians, writers, etc. don't get the attention their work merits. All the while of course, acts like One Direction and Justin Bieber will be riding the top of the charts.

Be cool...
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

C-minus
Expert

Post by C-minus » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:40 am

Thank you so much for your kind words. Funny, I was thinking the same thing (regarding all this unseen, unheard talent coming from this forum) while listening to everyone else's stuff! Just some really incredible stuff out there! It is indeed extremely reassuring to know someone's listening, as there's such a huge pool of stuff to choose from. I've never been one to need a pat on the back, or to fish for praise by posting stuff, just looking, as you said, for some feedback good or bad. Thank you for making my day, as good is always nicer than bad! :D
These are (IMO) some tighter mixes of some of my stuff, although I'm still working on remixing Shorter Days, in between working another lady's project; will hopefully be tracking a baby grand, clarinets, some strings, totally new territory for me, really excited! Can't post any of that stuff yet till we're done and I get her stamp of approval.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wpbfsdwrf0rg ... K0G0a?dl=0

Someone let me know if this link doesn't work properly, been seeming like you have to do an awful lot of navigating to get to the song with Dropbox lately, maybe it's just me.
iPad Air 1, Scarlett 18i8, Behringer B-2 Pro/C-3, SM 57's(backup hammer)ISA One, KRK Rockit 5's, coffee.

JRSIV
Expert

Post by JRSIV » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:26 am

Hey C, no problem brother, just wanted to tell you the truth that's all, lol. "Shorter Days" is an excellent song.

The Dropbox link works fine, great stuff there too. I am still working on stuff in Auria and haven't had to do any of the exporting or saving to Dropbox yet. I am hoping it works smoothly with Auria and the new Auria Pro.

Be cool...
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones