HUI option not showing up in settings

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

HUI option not showing up in settings

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:27 am

I noticed some time ago that when I went to select HUI from MCU that the blue HUI was way down on the settings page and barely able to select it. But I managed enough to get it to be selected. However now the HUI option does not show up at all. Anyone else using a FaderPort and having difficulty selecting HUI please chime in here as I use my faderport everyday. Rim any ideas why the HUI option is so difficult to touch or even see at all on the settings page. Any help here would be really appreciated as I am always in some major mixing. My faderport is working fine as I have tested it on my MacPro and even if I unplug the faderport I still cannot see the HUI option. This is what I used to have to do when I couldnt see the HUI option by as I said I now can no longer see the HUI option at all. HELP! :idea:

Washboy
Expert

Re: HUI option not showing up in settings

Post by Washboy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:46 am

@Anthony Alves: Hi mate! I have a FaderPort (as you may recall) but I don't use it much. I'll happily dig it out and check for you but I'm not sure I understand your issue properly. Can you maybe post a screenshot of your settings page with the missing HUI option. I have a dim recollection of experiencing something like you describe. Mine involved several unwanted 'copies' of the FaderPort entry on the settings page which effectively pushed the options at the bottom off the screen. With no scrolling, there was no way to get to them.

BTW, I'm on an old ipad3 and still on iOS v7.1.2

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Are you talking about the midi tab in the settings page? It should scroll when there are more lines that will fit on the page.

RIm

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Thanks for the reply. It seemed to be my project. I rebooted my iPad and created a new project without the faderport connected and the blue HUI was there no problem. However the project that had the audio files associated with it would not show the HUI icon no matter what I did. I imported all the tracks into the newly created project and I am back up and running. Not sure what that was all about but it all seems fine now. Thanks for all the help. Cheers. :oops:

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:57 pm

All your references to "blue HUI icon" make me wonder what version of Auria you're using. Beta testing Pro, by any chance? :wink: 8)

Glad all's working well now though :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:55 am

Auria Pro's not in beta yet, so unless Anthony wrote his own Auria version... ;)

RIm

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:23 pm

@Washboy, well I guess I can't really annswer that question as I still don't know myself. however since Auria Pro will now be entering the Beta testing stage that may change. I have requested to be on the team and hopefully I am deserving of that but who knows. Fingers crossed. Cheers and I always enjoy reading your posts.
As far as writing my own coded iPad Daw, are you kidding Rim I could never lose that much sleep or drink that much coffee.lol :lol:
~~_/)~~~*