Auria PRO and trance

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mugaz84
Expert

Auria PRO and trance

Post by mugaz84 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:52 am

Hey guys! First of, im a noob. Ive been in to this music making for 2-5 months My AIM is pretty much psytrance and other blewblew music. Atm im using cubasis to make synths and basses "only cuse of the midi and its piano roll or what ever its called. And then i send waves to auria for building the song.

This is a pain, cuse whenever i need to change anything on the kick or the bassline i need to go to cubasis, change notes/sounds, save mix and export. Now why dont i only use cubasis? Well for people who dont have it, the effects is a joke, i started and got fabfilter pro q and it gave me a hardon lol, and now i own 5 fabs, PRO-L Will be next :)

So back to my question, i see auria give alot of love to people with accual instruments, but for us techno wannabes, Will auria PRO make our life any easier? Like step sequencer or anything alike, Maybe import samples and put those in the piano roll? What i want is to go tiesto and without cubasis :) sorry for bad grammar , cheers

martygras
Expert

Re: Auria PRO and trance

Post by martygras » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:35 am

Glad to hear about your hard on. Most of us feel the same way. Even the chicks. :wink:

Cubasis is targeting edm and similar styles so if you could use Cubasis and for the effects use an IAA effect app you could keep everything fluid right up until final mixdown.
Now, that being said, how could you use Auria for your workflow? Well, when Auria Pro comes out soon it will have added to it the famous FabFilter Twin II synth.

Another option for you might be Korg's Gadget. The gang over at the Audiobus forum are gushing all over each other about it being a very good all-in-one workstation. Might be worth checking out if it could work for you.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

mugaz84
Expert

Post by mugaz84 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Thx for the reply m8, the new synth is gonna help me a ton, and MIDI! :D i acculy have cubasis but i dont like it at all. Auria just feel so much more, pro :D BUT! i do Think moving sounds in auria is a pain :P to often when the damn thing dont turn red! and it would be so Amazing if auria could do something like fl studio 'desktop' were the automation gets a new track under the 'track'' were u acculy can move the automation and or copy it :D

oh, payday tomorow and that Pro-L looking really shiny :D

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:07 pm

mugaz84 wrote:Thx for the reply m8, the new synth is gonna help me a ton, and MIDI! :D i acculy have cubasis but i dont like it at all. Auria just feel so much more, pro :D BUT! i do Think moving sounds in auria is a pain :P to often when the damn thing dont turn red! and it would be so Amazing if auria could do something like fl studio 'desktop' were the automation gets a new track under the 'track'' were u acculy can move the automation and or copy it :D

Payday... man, if you are like me when I was young and single, I would be broke 3 days later. Guitars, effects, synths, drum sets & mics. I suffer from "Gear Acquisition Syndrome", GAS. There's no cure, but it's in remission now cuz I got everything... Almost everything.

Okay, you're probably one of the many composers who are put off by the UI and the effects quality in Cubasis.
Good for you.
That says a lot about where you are with your perception of quality audio and logical workflow. So, welcome to the next level.

Is Auria gonna work for you?
I think so. At the very minimum you'll have a great mixdown tool with top notch FX, and yeah, everyone has a different approach to composition and that can be a good thing or a bad thing. I love the abundance of odd approaches to music apps and controllers. They all have something to offer to someone.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

mugaz84
Expert

Post by mugaz84 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:57 am

martygras wrote:
mugaz84 wrote:Thx for the reply m8, the new synth is gonna help me a ton, and MIDI! :D i acculy have cubasis but i dont like it at all. Auria just feel so much more, pro :D BUT! i do Think moving sounds in auria is a pain :P to often when the damn thing dont turn red! and it would be so Amazing if auria could do something like fl studio 'desktop' were the automation gets a new track under the 'track'' were u acculy can move the automation and or copy it :D

Payday... man, if you are like me when I was young and single, I would be broke 3 days later. Guitars, effects, synths, drum sets & mics. I suffer from "Gear Acquisition Syndrome", GAS. There's no cure, but it's in remission now cuz I got everything... Almost everything.

Okay, you're probably one of the many composers who are put off by the UI and the effects quality in Cubasis.
Good for you.
That says a lot about where you are with your perception of quality audio and logical workflow. So, welcome to the next level.

Is Auria gonna work for you?
I think so. At the very minimum you'll have a great mixdown tool with top notch FX, and yeah, everyone has a different approach to composition and that can be a good thing or a bad thing. I love the abundance of odd approaches to music apps and controllers. They all have something to offer to someone.
Hehe been there! but that was 2 kids ago :P

crouchie
Expert

Post by crouchie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:33 pm

Much the same position as you, and feel just the same about Cubasis. It has inferior effects and is sooo glitchy (don't get me started about the undo function corrupting midi!). I use it to create midi loops then IAA them to audio or use AB. Gadget is great and well worth a look. Easy to creat tunes, surprising depth to each mini synth/gadget, and I find it most useful for beats. Love Thesys for midi too. Surely all will be right in the world when Auria Pro arrives ;-)

P

mugaz84
Expert

Post by mugaz84 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:54 am

crouchie wrote:Much the same position as you, and feel just the same about Cubasis. It has inferior effects and is sooo glitchy (don't get me started about the undo function corrupting midi!). I use it to create midi loops then IAA them to audio or use AB. Gadget is great and well worth a look. Easy to creat tunes, surprising depth to each mini synth/gadget, and I find it most useful for beats. Love Thesys for midi too. Surely all will be right in the world when Auria Pro arrives ;-)

P

Cubasis sucks so bad :) ever tryed to zoom in and out in the MIDI pianoroll, that can turn a good day to shit fast :)

Also what i can recomend in auria for effect is sugar bytes turnado, for Psy/trance its awesome :)